• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (2 Viewers)

stronk_1

HSC
someone give me motivation to study. All I need is a 96 atar, but if i study properly I can get about 99.3. I'm doing this solely cos my parents wanna flex a 99+ atar lol

bruhmoment.

HSC
someone give me motivation to study. All I need is a 96 atar, but if i study properly I can get about 99.3. I'm doing this solely cos my parents wanna flex a 99+ atar lol
im sorry but ur parents should not be using u as a flex. i absolutely hate when parents do this, u dont have a kid just to use him as a flex to other parents about sports/academics/etc. its genuinely fucked and a bit depressing ngl.

sainzsgf

HSC
i think my memory is pretty solid in the short-term. i slightly break up my paragraphs into smaller parts so i have my topic sentences + abbreviated analysis. i just write over and over again one paragraph at a time and find my weaknesses then rewrite. it's repetitive but works for me🤷‍♀️
the best way i memorise is acroynms, stupid ones that you can easily remember with the start of each word for ur tee and im telling you this did not fail me in the trials at all.

bruhmoment.

HSC
Are you meant to memorise essays? Every teacher I've spoken to at my school says not to memorise essays :/
depends on the subject. all teachers say for eng to not memorise, and thats purely because the question (at times) may not necessarily suit a theme/idea/quote u have. thats why they say to have a quote/idea bank and memorise that instead. what most people (including me) do is memorise one whole essay per module because as everyone agrees, no ones bothered to memorise that much shit for english out of all subjects.

K2Trappy

HSC
im sorry but ur parents should not be using u as a flex. i absolutely hate when parents do this, u dont have a kid just to use him as a flex to other parents about sports/academics/etc. its genuinely fucked and a bit depressing ngl.
evr1 says this but I lowkey disagree unless ur absolutely beating ur child to study everyday just for the sole reason of flexing then being proud and talking about ur kids achievements is not a bad thing. If ur dad was a billionaire would u keep it a secret from the whole world?

bruhmoment.

HSC
evr1 says this but I lowkey disagree unless ur absolutely beating ur child to study everyday just for the sole reason of flexing then being proud and talking about ur kids achievements is not a bad thing. If ur dad was a billionaire would u keep it a secret from the whole world?
well no i wouldn't. I would say someone who likes to show off/brags about it will but personally, I wouldn't so myself. Again if my dad was a billionaire, instead of me saying to everyone he is, it would be probably be more noticeable from the shit i own, the food i eat, the stuff i do, but personally I wouldn't go out of the way to brag to my friends/strangers that my dads rich.

ajtho777

HSC
could someone please check their students online? Apparently some HSC Exams have been moved to start earlier? I forgot my login so if anyone could do it, that would be sick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)