• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

past papers (1 Viewer)

Smbdy

HSC
Hi all i'm not too sure if this has been asked before, but i'm currently a year 11 student going into year 12 in a week, i also dropped math adv halfway through yr 11 to standard 2 and im trying to find resources like math standard 2 past papers/trials and i cannot find any? Can someone help me where can i find them. Because every other subject has so many and there are barely and for this subject.

Demons

HSC
Hi all i'm not too sure if this has been asked before, but i'm currently a year 11 student going into year 12 in a week, i also dropped math adv halfway through yr 11 to standard 2 and im trying to find resources like math standard 2 past papers/trials and i cannot find any? Can someone help me where can i find them. Because every other subject has so many and there are barely and for this subject.
Best thing I can tell you right now is that you should literally try grind through the entire math course in this holidays as well as the bigger summer holidays. Cause that makes you understand the content 2x before the rest of your cohort. This gives you an academic edge against them and is one of the primary reasons that I pulled off 2 consecutive 100's and 98 on trials. The content is not too hard to learn and don't stress if you don't understand it at first when you go over it in the holidays, cause it all clicks by the time you get to it in class (atleast for me).

Smbdy

HSC
The thing for me is i dropped like towards the end of year 11, so right now i have no clue what to do my current plan was to like grindddd the textbook and maybe some yearly papers but im scared it won't be enough im already fallen pretty behind. I know i can do the year 11 content now but should i also start for year 12? (ALSO TYSM FOR RESOURCES). How is math standard to manage, and how do i study for it?

Demons

HSC
The thing for me is i dropped like towards the end of year 11, so right now i have no clue what to do my current plan was to like grindddd the textbook and maybe some yearly papers but im scared it won't be enough im already fallen pretty behind. I know i can do the year 11 content now but should i also start for year 12?
Alright, for this holidays your main focus is all of the year 11 content, Then in the bigger summer holidays grind through all of the year 12 content best way to do this is if your school pays for ATOMI (they have really good video explanations and quizzes).

How is math standard to manage, and how do i study for it?
Math standard is honestly not that hard to manage as long as you stay on top of your content. To study for it grind the past papers, literally spam them. I was counting the amount I did before trials and it was insane like I almost hit 50 past papers in like the 4 weeks before trials ( I did 2 a day). But that probably wasn't necessary considering that you could just use the independent and CSSA trial papers to study cause they say the band level in the marking guidelines and I just did all of the band 5 and 6 level questions to prepare and that literally carried me.

The closer you get to your exams (internal or external) make sure you ditch the textbook and do all of the harder questions such as CSSA, Independent, NEAP, QAT's etc. The textbook is made for learning not getting you ready for the high pressure situation of the exam room. And always attempt to finish the exam at least 30 mins before so you have enough time to go through and try fix any errors you made.

Smbdy

HSC
Thank you much, my school doesn't have atomi but if i can personally get it, i will, would it be worth it? Also where do you get these exams/trials from? Along with math i have Eng adv chemistry legal and bio, but the 2 subjects i struggled with alot in yr 11 were math adv and chemistry and i don't really want to repeat how i did year 11 lol i was really lazy and burnt out the entire year (not a good excuse ik but i really want to excel this year). Thank you so much for the tips when do u recommend i finish my year 12 content for math?

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A

Demons

HSC
Thank you much, my school doesn't have atomi but if i can personally get it, i will, would it be worth it?
Short answer is the price is a bit too much for a single person. But I can recommend a similar website for the questions and for the videos I would say:

videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQOSnVviJ0i8GEJotXbdCiz5aaixWFKV9 (ATOMI videos but not all of them and some questions relate to other subjects so only focus on the ones that say maths standard.

Website for Targeted revision of specific topics:
https://classmathematics.com.au/resources/nsw/hsc/maths-standard-2 (Free version has questions but no answers and paid version has full access which is affordable around 8 to 9 dollars a month)

Also where do you get these exams/trials from?
Ask your teachers they probably have access to the CSSA, Independent, NEAP, QAT's ones

Also you can just google these papers and they will most likely show up on STUDOCU

Thank you so much for the tips when do u recommend i finish my year 12 content for math?
Personally, I finished the entire HSC and prelim course in the summer holidays then after that I grinned past papers just to refresh and find weak points, but if you don't want to spend too much time on math during the holidays try finish it at least before the end of Term 1 next year.

Smbdy

HSC
Personally, I finished the entire HSC and prelim course in the summer holidays then after that I grinned past papers just to refresh and find weak points, but if you don't want to spend too much time on math during the holidays try finish it at least before the end of Term 1 next year.
did u do this for all ur subjects or jus maths?

Demons

HSC
did u do this for all ur subjects or jus maths?
I did this for the subjects that I could learn on my own, maths was pretty straightforward, I did it for software and IPT, in your case you could probably do it for math and if you find a lot of resources for the others you could try and stay ahead.

Smbdy

HSC
Ah also, how important is prelim math knowledge for hsc? or in general year 12

Demons

HSC
Ah also, how important is prelim math knowledge for hsc? or in general year 12
Trials cover this substantially especially in CSSA which is what I did but from my understanding of hsc there isn’t a lot of prelim content

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)