• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

School and LGBT (3 Viewers)

katiekms

/bænd/
HSC
Not everything there is real and can be easily fabricated (Common knowledge by every individual)
seeing as there’s info about it from more than just tiktok or other social media, i’m pretty sure it’s real 😭 just because it doesn’t align with your worldview having trans people from before the 21st century doesn’t mean it’s fake

spiderfan44

HSC
plus, even if i did use tiktok, which i don’t, it doesn’t take away from the fact that that is a real video 😭
source for anyone whos interested

further evidence of his existence

nyanyanyan

HSC
My opinions:
  • Yes, I think the LGB should be removed from T... - as the former is sexual preference, whereas the latter refers more to gender identity.
  • I don't agree with pushing these values onto children and under 18. But what makes this difficult imo is Social Media and how hard it is to police. For example, there was this study (can't find where it was from memory, but a high-end institution) that found that the vast majority of Trans minors were either influenced by social media, friend or both)
  • All in all, the purpose of school is not to indoctrinate children in any form, but meant to be a valued education that is secular (minus Religion subjects and Religious schools) - I'm especially talking about some public schools, some of which having already been alluded to.
  • I think that the LGB should stay with the T because they've historically been pretty close (stuff like stonewall riots) and separating after all this time is going to lead to resentment from both sides, even thought they aren't really that similar.
  • As for pushing these values, I think that it's fine for the school to say stuff like it's ok to be gay in pdhpe or organise wear it purple day or whatever because they aren't disrupting anyone but calling an assembly for someone writing a slur in a bathroom would be too much (this actually happened once because someone wrote the n word in a bathroom stall but seniors didn't have to go so i don't care that much). Furthermore, I think it's fine to use LGBT books (mrs dalloway, the hours) in the syllabus as long as they are actually good. I personally detest the hours, although not because it's gay, but I also dislike most of the books in english so whatever lol
  • Yeah I agree that schools should prioritize education above all else and that religion shouldn't be important in public schools

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)