• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (30 Viewers)

karamazova

HSC
20 MARKER DISCURSIVE OR PERSUASIVE. KNEW IT

i actually enjoyed it i wrote some discursive spiel about the pros and cons of tiktok as a mode of modern convenience and used the onomatopoeia of tiktok “tick tock” to create this theme of time (wasting time/saving time) but anyways.

the rest of the paper was okay!! fairly generic questions so it was easy to adapt to my prepared arguments

how did everyone else find it??

et1cs

HSC
MY PREDICTIONS - hope that i am wrong for everything except mod c

SHORT ANSWER
- Four separate texts with no images. 3 marker, 4 marker, 6 marker, 7 marker (compare) - going to be extremely tough

COMMON MOD
- Question regarding the paradoxes and inconsistencies of a specific human experience.

MODULE A
- Generic module A question. We will be given a quote regarding something centering on the first text, and how they lay the foundations for the second (TO WHAT EXTENT)

MODULE B
- Text specific questions with stimulus from your text. This will be a 'how has it shifted your understanding'.

MODULE C
- Full 20 mark discursive (part of this is me hoping it'll be this)
u were basically right!!!

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC

i actually enjoyed it i wrote some discursive spiel about the pros and cons of tiktok as a mode of modern convenience and used the onomatopoeia of tiktok “tick tock” to create this theme of time (wasting time/saving time) but anyways.

the rest of the paper was okay!! fairly generic questions so it was easy to adapt to my prepared arguments

That motif is really good

aqwerty13402

HSC
1. MY MOD A PREDICTION WAS SO SPOT ON ABIOUT HOW THE INITIAL COMPOSER SETS IT UP (Kms bc i didnt even practice a question like this but nontheless) - I THOUGHT I DID OK IN THIS
2. LOWKEY SLIPPED UP IN T.S ELIOT IDK I JUST DIDNT WRITE WELL
3. I CANT BELIEVE THEY DID THAT, AND THE STIMULUS FIT MY DISCURSIVE SO WELL

i cant believe they did that tho omg

radagastthebrown

HSC

I found that Mod B question annoying, it made it hard for me to link the themes I studied since it was more of a form based question, at least that's what I thought.

I ended up with a pretty unstructured mess, sorta just through everything I'd studied at it, hopefully some of it was relevant.

beanbug

HSC

wait that's such a good concept to talk about! im sure you smashed it

twinkiecat

HSC
Oh mein gott im so glad they didnt specify a poem for ts eliot too cause I gambled and only learned 2

Edward34245

HSC
I found that Mod B question annoying, it made it hard for me to link the themes I studied since it was more of a form based question, at least that's what I thought.

I ended up with a pretty unstructured mess, sorta just through everything I'd studied at it, hopefully some of it was relevant.
How was it a form based question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 14)