• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (13 Viewers)

karamazova

HSC
I found that Mod B question annoying, it made it hard for me to link the themes I studied since it was more of a form based question, at least that's what I thought.

I ended up with a pretty unstructured mess, sorta just through everything I'd studied at it, hopefully some of it was relevant.
yeah i really get that, i found i could link my themes to the idea of textual integrity, and then literary techniques as the artistic, so i’m sure you made a bunch of relevant points all the same!

aqwerty13402

HSC
20 MARKER DISCURSIVE OR PERSUASIVE. KNEW IT

i actually enjoyed it i wrote some discursive spiel about the pros and cons of tiktok as a mode of modern convenience and used the onomatopoeia of tiktok “tick tock” to create this theme of time (wasting time/saving time) but anyways.

the rest of the paper was okay!! fairly generic questions so it was easy to adapt to my prepared arguments

how did everyone else find it??
i smell a band 6

karamazova

HSC
uh oh… i did 3 as well….. what do you think the max mark is? i did discursive but i have only ever done imaginative
i’m not sure honestly; i personally don’t think there’s anything wrong w writing less because they’re not marking by length they’re marking by the depth, sophistication, and structure of your discussion, but it is harder to reach those points with a shorter discussion.

i hesitate to say any numbers because i genuinely just don’t know! i’m sure it went fine regardless, lots of the skills you learn for imaginative writing translate to discursive writing and the markers should recognise and reward that 😊

HSC
i’m not sure honestly; i personally don’t think there’s anything wrong w writing less because they’re not marking by length they’re marking by the depth, sophistication, and structure of your discussion, but it is harder to reach those points with a shorter discussion.

i hesitate to say any numbers because i genuinely just don’t know! i’m sure it went fine regardless, lots of the skills you learn for imaginative writing translate to discursive writing and the markers should recognise and reward that 😊
I’m praying that this is the case bruh, like I did not time manage as well as I could have. Overcompensated on Mod A and got stuck so mod c I ended up writing less. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 6)