• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (7 Viewers)

aqwerty13402

HSC
Mod A our teachers said was the 'safe' module where the questions would usually require very little adaptation 😭 😭 😭
tbf today's stimulus wasn't terrible but the way it was worded just required more adapting!! like most of the time mod A is framed around how the new text enhances our appreciation of the hypotext

But what's done is done! Was pretty confident with B6 last night, now I'm satisfied with B5 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
hahaha fair

idk i feel like a b6 is possible but i genuinely don't know. I'm second guessing literally everything atp and ive lowk convinved myself i wont b6 lol

lildroptop

HSC
At first I was kind of happy because this type of thing can throw off kids that just memorise a creative piece their tutors made for them

then again I feel like the people this will hurt most are kids in low socioeconomic areas especially those that don't even learn about discursives
hsc is a money game after all

radagastthebrown

HSC
does rank impact your ability to get a band 6 by a lot?

beyond one eddie woo video, I don't really get how that stuff works

igor9

HSC
Mod A our teachers said was the 'safe' module where the questions would usually require very little adaptation 😭 😭 😭
tbf today's stimulus wasn't terrible but the way it was worded just required more adapting!! like most of the time mod A is framed around how the new text enhances our appreciation of the hypotext

But what's done is done! Was pretty confident with B6 last night, now I'm satisfied with B5 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
it was still simple imo the most simple module, coz u just gotta talk abt the resonances and dissonances between the texts in the paragraphs (a bit hard for ur first paragraph) and then relate it to how it allows u to appreciate (e.g., universal truths about the human condition and specify what those truths are) and speak to textual conversations, same old stuff lmao.

jn3238291

HSC
bruh you gotta gimme a status update i lowkey did really well for my amount of work, 9 pages mod a, 8 pages mod b, 8 pages mod c
Bro I don't think they could've blessed me more. Only remembered 3 poems, and only remembered a longer discursive. Made up a few shakespare quotes but didn't see to farfetched, hbu

rev668

HSC
Bro I don't think they could've blessed me more. Only remembered 3 poems, and only remembered a longer discursive. Made up a few shakespare quotes but didn't see to farfetched, hbu
oh you love to see it mate, wasnt even to bad all came to me in the exam and i just kept going on for mod c hopefully its 43/60+ secure a mid b5

jn3238291

HSC
imagine how many people forgot to mention "to what extent" and "evaluate" in their essays
IMO you don't need to say those exact words like I feel you could say its "heightened my ownpersonal understanding" but I may be wrong

dawg19230

HSC
u can do a diff way of saying it but simply agreeing or disagreeing isnt enough "profoundly heightened" vs "slightly heightened" hellurrr

user@777

HSC
hey guys, i thought i did well with today's mod c discursive because i had a really good prepared discursive response about storytelling using an extended metaphor. BUT EVERYONE I KNOW DISCUSSED TECHNOLOGY IN SOME WAY, LIKE SOCIAL MEDIA OR THINGS THAT MAKE OUR LIFE EASIER IN A LITERAL SENSE! i

didn't get the memo so i just talked about why stories are important amidst our reality despite it being fiction --> how stories of struggle and inconvinience helped preserve important teachings, oral storytelling, and then added a bit in about how the entertainment values of stories, add convinience and pleasure to our lives so we can escape our reality. and then how stories are at the backbone of our identity idk why i did

i wrote all the pages the gave us but nothing on technology (i wrote tiktok in there somewhere and then crossed it out urgh)

am i screwed? i know i should focus on other subjects and stop worrying but i wanna know my fate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)