• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (34 Viewers)

Solarised

HSC
they were insane for specifying discursive omg... i literally had to throw away my entire imaginative and make up bs about technology on the spot
Even for inexperienced people who didn't know how to do discursive such as some of my cohort, went rather well. The stimulus was very lenient you should be fine lol

HSC
Even for inexperienced people who didn't know how to do discursive such as some of my cohort, went rather well. The stimulus was very lenient you should be fine lol
nooo I didn't prepare for it is was all made up on the spot it sounded like shit 😭 also I DO not know how to write discursive like wtf how did they manage to take the creative out of the creative module

Solarised

HSC
nooo I didn't prepare for it is was all made up on the spot it sounded like shit 😭 also I DO not know how to write discursive like wtf how did they manage to take the creative out of the creative module
Yea it was stupid from nesa but then again its actually the school's fault. They should teach multiple writing styles and not specify an individual one, Module C has multiple ways to answer so ya gotta learn each one

aqwerty13402

HSC
no i don't lmao. i think its a good idea until everyone started talking about technology I feel like I misinterpreted the stimulus...
I don't think that the technology was the focus imo. Def an aspect uCOULDVE mentioned, but i did the idea of convinience / going backwards moreso than technology.

dont stress

rev668

HSC
I don't think that the technology was the focus imo. Def an aspect uCOULDVE mentioned, but i did the idea of convinience / going backwards moreso than technology.

dont stress
technology was just a general statement, sure you can do it but the conveinience part is the lowest hanging fruit, my cultural discursive did not pull through but theres 8 pages of it should be marks somewhere

urfuturelawyer

HSC
i talked abt both sides in the experience of moving to a new place, and my opinion on going outta my comfort zone changed and allowed me to gain a deeper insight of how this experience can allow me to navigate more difficult experiences and the benefits of that. idk man praying it's fine 🙏
I wrote similar dw

qwer12334

HSC
Yeah was a pretty good question. Unfortunately I probably messed up (wrote 2-3 pages of yap?), didn't manage time correctly

qwer12334

HSC
I’m praying that this is the case bruh, like I did not time manage as well as I could have. Overcompensated on Mod A and got stuck so mod c I ended up writing less. :/
Same here holy shit I spent way too long on MOD A!!! mod A stimulus required some heavy rewording for my intro so I guess that fucked me up

rev668

HSC
The marker would proba

Same here holy shit I spent way too long on MOD A!!! mod A stimulus required some heavy rewording for my intro so I guess that fucked me up
i had to cut out like 3 ultimately sentences out of 6 lmao, made it all in time and full booklets for all tho

qwer12334

HSC
thats the whole point lollllllll they wanna catch kids out
At first I was kind of happy because this type of thing can throw off kids that just memorise a creative piece their tutors made for them

then again I feel like the people this will hurt most are kids in low socioeconomic areas especially those that don't even learn about discursives

urfuturelawyer

HSC
what would be the maximum mark out of 20 if I only wrote about one perspective for the discursive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 27)