• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Modern? (2 Viewers)

utopianimal

HSC
It shows extensive and breadth of knowledge when you bring in other factors. My teacher always encourages it because sometimes in some dot points there is only enough to write about a paragraph if that’s what they give to ask.
IE if they asked “to what extent was _ the cause of the war” that would be like 1 of probably 4-5 reasons.
yeah but can u do this strategy for all quesions or is it only when it says "to what extent"???

hihglightermmmm

HSC
If they ask a question on Stalinism would it be like focused on a specific area or just like broad social / cultural life in soviet union

utopianimal

HSC
is this a queston that can be asked u guys reckon cos im contemplating whether or not doing a plan for it??? for conflict in europe

"ANALYSE HITLERS KEY MISTAKES THAT LED TO GERMAN DEFEAT IN THE EUROPEAN WAR."

hihglightermmmm

HSC
can someone please send a summary of the predictions for conflict in pacific and russia?
Japanese Advance
Allied Occupation
Allied Strategies
Abomb
Maybe occupied territories

Political transformation under stalin - Leaning on terror
Bolshevik consolidaiton of power / impact
Stalin's emergence / Competing visions
Totalitarianism
Stalinism

Can someone confirm these are accurate predicitons

karamazova

HSC
If they ask a question on Stalinism would it be like focused on a specific area or just like broad social / cultural life in soviet union
i feel like since the focus of study dot point is "the nature of the USSR under Stalin, including dictatorship and totalitarianism" and the key feature is "nature and impact of Stalinism" they'd approach it as either
- the nature of stalinism with relation to dictatorship/totalitarianism
- the impact of stalinism, including on social/political/economic spheres

e.g. my trial question was "To what extent can Stalinism be considered totalitarianism?"

karamazova

HSC
Japanese Advance
Allied Occupation
Allied Strategies
Abomb

Totalitarianism
Stalinism

can't speak for conflict in the pacific but yeah i'm predicting something about political transformation, impact/ideology of bolshevik consolidation, power struggles, or stalinism

caliw35

HSC
Japanese Advance
Allied Occupation
Allied Strategies
Abomb

Totalitarianism
Stalinism

legend thank you!

hihglightermmmm

HSC
i feel like since the focus of study dot point is "the nature of the USSR under Stalin, including dictatorship and totalitarianism" and the key feature is "nature and impact of Stalinism" they'd approach it as either
- the nature of stalinism with relation to dictatorship/totalitarianism
- the impact of stalinism, including on social/political/economic spheres

e.g. my trial question was "To what extent can Stalinism be considered totalitarianism?"
I dont reckon they'd be nice enough to give impact - how would you structure a dictatorship / totalitarianism essay?

karamazova

HSC
I dont reckon they'd be nice enough to give impact - how would you structure a dictatorship / totalitarianism essay?
haha you're probably right. i'm glad you asked! this was the question i answered in my trial and got 24/25 : ) i structured it with paragraphs on the nature of stalinism on the ussr's politics, economy, society and culture, and to what extent stalin's treatment and control of them can be considered totalitarianism.

i started with defining totalitarianism as the centralisation of power in my introduction (friedrich and brzezinski's definition of totalitarianism + sheila fitzpatrick's definition of stalinism are really good for this, though it's not a modern history requirement to mention historians), and then consistently referred back to this idea of centralising power throughout my body paragraphs. e.g. politically stalin expanded the communist party to further his own rule, economically he maintained control of the commanding heights, socially he developed a cult of personality that emphasised his singular role over the ussr.

if you'd like more detailed structure or a copy of my trial essay lmk ^^

E.Hamilton

HSC
haha you're probably right. i'm glad you asked! this was the question i answered in my trial and got 24/25 : ) i structured it with paragraphs on the nature of stalinism on the ussr's politics, economy, society and culture, and to what extent stalin's treatment and control of them can be considered totalitarianism.

i started with defining totalitarianism as the centralisation of power in my introduction (friedrich and brzezinski's definition of totalitarianism + sheila fitzpatrick's definition of stalinism are really good for this, though it's not a modern history requirement to mention historians), and then consistently referred back to this idea of centralising power throughout my body paragraphs. e.g. politically stalin expanded the communist party to further his own rule, economically he maintained control of the commanding heights, socially he developed a cult of personality that emphasised his singular role over the ussr.

that would be amazing if you could give an essay structure or your trial essay THX!!!

Ngiunta11

HSC

Is it okay if you could please send a copy of your essay?

hihglightermmmm

HSC

Yeah i'd love to have a read of it please

radagastthebrown

HSC

I'd love that essay please!! Thank you

utopianimal

HSC

yes plseaseeess slide the essay or plan thank youuu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)