• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Modern? (2 Viewers)

jlaaaz

HSC
How are you bothered. I remember I had two exams in one day and then was dead for another week didn't even study for the other subjects (for trials btw)
my trials time table was horrendous; i had adv eng, modern history, sor2, cafs and ees back to back nothing can break my stride (i'm fighting off sleep rn help)

hscccc

HSC
Another quick question, can I get good marks in Modern if I dont mention historians at all? Like a good 23 or even 24, even I dont mention any historian
:wavey:
yes - marker feedback says weaker responses often use them to supplement for a lack of knowledge, so if you use them make sure its not for that! also incorporate it into ur sentence so it flows, not just randomly placed somewhere as it should only be used to back up ur argument

radagastthebrown

HSC
got any tips coming from 1st in modern?
I feel like my signature is a little misleading lmao
I've only got 3 people in my class. I am 1/3. I do still average at 90% for most of my assessments though.
Most of the advice I could give is pretty general, but two things I should mention, use subordinating conjunctions! (However, although, despite, even though), and also paraphrase historiography, don't just drop in a 2 line historian's quote, show the marker you understand what the historian is actually saying and relate it to your argument.

Harry_062

HSC
I feel like my signature is a little misleading lmao
I've only got 3 people in my class. I am 1/3. I do still average at 90% for most of my assessments though.
Most of the advice I could give is pretty general, but two things I should mention, use subordinating conjunctions! (However, although, despite, even though), and also paraphrase historiography, don't just drop in a 2 line historian's quote, show the marker you understand what the historian is actually saying and relate it to your argument.
This is all facts - I did the same and I got 1 too. I’d also recommend having 1 line of argument to streamline your repsonses, especially in the hsc. Don’t sit on the fence - my teacher who’s a senior hsc marker always used to say that people who sit on the fence and don’t make a clear arguement, with it muddled etc don’t access the high bands

rev668

HSC
Another quick question, can I get good marks in Modern if I dont mention historians at all? Like a good 23 or even 24, even I dont mention any historian
:wavey:
you might as well drop something sophistocated and the hit the (Jackson) or some generic name

rev668

HSC
my trials time table was horrendous; i had adv eng, modern history, sor2, cafs and ees back to back nothing can break my stride (i'm fighting off sleep rn help)
last year modern was the day after paper 2 im gonna count my blessings

radagastthebrown

HSC
you might as well drop something sophistocated and the hit the (Jackson) or some generic name
Yeah, I literally just remember a couple names (since I think HSC markers might know the names of historians associated with each topic) and just make up what they've saying to suit my argument.

bbmiffy

HSC
how are u all preparing for the indochina essay? for some reason it feels like theres just so much more things to memorise than the other topics and im struggling to make essay meal preps for it

rev668

HSC
Yeah, I literally just remember a couple names (since I think HSC markers might know the names of historians associated with each topic) and just make up what they've saying to suit my argument.
they would know overy figes and those guys i got gpt to give me a list of russian historians who talked about world war two and ill just slot them in if i forget quotes but i really do use quotes for my argument

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)