• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Modern? (2 Viewers)

karamazova

HSC
Does anyone know how necessary historians are for section 4, should I spend some time learning some?
it’s not really necessary, historiography isn’t on the marking guidelines for modern history & i asked my teacher (who’s an hsc marker) about it and she agreed you don’t need them to do well in the hsc, but it also doesn’t hurt to know the historiography of your topic because that can inform and reinforce your judgements : )

https://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/learning/hsc-2024/hsc-history/exam-qa-hsc-modern-history has a little more info

karamazova

HSC
idk if anyone else does ancient history but the historiography aspect always trips me up for revision because they’re integral to ancient but negligible for modern 😭

radagastthebrown

HSC
idk if anyone else does ancient history but the historiography aspect always trips me up for revision because they’re integral to ancient but negligible for modern 😭
I do ancient and for some reason I always thought the opposite (which is super wrong), took me so long to learn that I was doing it wrong, probably explains my rank for Ancient. I always get stuck on trying to remember the primary sources too, which are especially useful in the short answer for Ancient, that also explains why I've never been able to break past 80-85% on anything I write in Ancient.

karamazova

HSC
I do ancient and for some reason I always thought the opposite (which is super wrong), took me so long to learn that I was doing it wrong, probably explains my rank for Ancient. I always get stuck on trying to remember the primary sources too, which are especially useful in the short answer for Ancient, that also explains why I've never been able to break past 80-85% on anything I write in Ancient.
oh no! good that you caught it before the hsc exams though

cheerios435435

HSC
and for Indochina i think one question will be on strategies and tactics -- did they technically ask reasons for communist victory in vietnam for the 2021 HSC?

cheerios435435

HSC
uhhhh i'd say they both have a good chance, but i'd bank on there being a q from the first three dotpoints
what can they ask about bolshevik consolidation of power though since they asked it in 2020
is it likely they could ask "evaluate the importance of ideology during the bolshevik consolidation of power?" or no bc they did ideology in 2021

HSC
what can they ask about bolshevik consolidation of power though since they asked it in 2020
is it likely they could ask "evaluate the importance of ideology during the bolshevik consolidation of power?" or no bc they did ideology in 2021
i mean i don't see what's preventing them from repeating qs icl considering most things have been asked, it's been a while since the earlier dotpoints were asked asw. they also can re-use key features, they cld ask ab the role of ideology/competing visions in shaping the power struggle or consolidation of power. they could combine dotpoints and ask ab the role of consolidation of power in stalin's emergence as leader for all ik.

someone also pointed they haven't asked directly ab the creation of the USSR, which is a part of the consolidation of power dotpoint so yeah

utopianimal

HSC
i mean i don't see what's preventing them from repeating qs icl considering most things have been asked, it's been a while since the earlier dotpoints were asked asw. they also can re-use key features, they cld ask ab the role of ideology/competing visions in shaping the power struggle or consolidation of power. they could combine dotpoints and ask ab the role of consolidation of power in stalin's emergence as leader for all ik.

someone also pointed they haven't asked directly ab the creation of the USSR, which is a part of the consolidation of power dotpoint so yeah
have they asked abt treaty of brest litovsk, civil war, NEP??

utopianimal

HSC
aye for my apartheid students, what would u write for this dot point plsss

IMPACT OF APARTHEID ON RURAL AND URBAN COMMUNITIES

cheerios435435

HSC
also how did people structure paragraphs for impact of war on civilians in Vietnam? e.g. by economic, socio-cultural, environmental or political impacts or somethign else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)