• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Modern? (3 Viewers)

cheerios435435

HSC
would structuring it like this work or is it best to do split the impacts
1) sociopolitical and cultural impacts on North (includes human impacts)
2) sociopolitical and cultural impacts on South (includes human impacts)
3) economic and environmental impacts on North
4) economic and environmental impacts on South

karamazova

HSC
they haven't, but it's not explicitly in the dotpoint unlike 'creation of the USSR', hmm i mean whilst it's not impossible they could ask about those events as they are part of consol of power period, idk if they wld but again its nesa so who knows
yeah this is what i'm thinking, but i'm not sure how they would ask a question about the creation of the USSR. something like

- To what extent did the creation of the USSR align with Bolshevik ideology?
- To what extent did the creation of the USSR consolidate Bolshevik power?

maybe? i'm not too certain

karamazova

HSC
would structuring it like this work or is it best to do split the impacts
1) sociopolitical and cultural impacts on North (includes human impacts)
2) sociopolitical and cultural impacts on South (includes human impacts)
3) economic and environmental impacts on North
4) economic and environmental impacts on South
i think it's best to split up the impacts so your individual lines of arguments are more clear

rev668

HSC
aye for my apartheid students, what would u write for this dot point plsss

IMPACT OF APARTHEID ON RURAL AND URBAN COMMUNITIES
obv talk about economic segregation, forced removal, the education, increasing repression and control but in the end idk i think im fucked for apartheid after math tmrw imma come home and do power and apartheid then essays the next day

HSC
yeah this is what i'm thinking, but i'm not sure how they would ask a question about the creation of the USSR. something like

- To what extent did the creation of the USSR align with Bolshevik ideology?
- To what extent did the creation of the USSR consolidate Bolshevik power?

maybe? i'm not too certain
yeah i don't think it'll come up personally cause IMO (i cld be very much tripping tho) there's not enough like stuff for a whole essay but you never know, cause i feel like creation of the USSR is moreso an impact of the consolidation rather than an effect but idk

but ig mayb if it were to come up the second one would be more likely cause there'd be more to talk about

Harry_062

HSC
aye for my apartheid students, what would u write for this dot point plsss

IMPACT OF APARTHEID ON RURAL AND URBAN COMMUNITIES
Urban
- pass laws, public saftey act (can declare state of emergency any time), segregation in ammenities, Bantu education - teaching younger children Afrikaans and then to be subservient to the white racial classes. Minimal political freedoms - could talk about the Defence force brutality in maintaining Apartheid.

Rural
bantustands! Significant emphasis on this - its conditions, how it was impoverished how it was governed “independently” of South Africa. Can talk about the demographic issues, 80% of the population in 13% of the land that was agriculturally futile - ensured reliance of cheap labour for white South Africans when they’d migrate to townships. The growth of the Bantustands - 4.4m ~> 11m from 1960-1980.

Sukh

HSC
what are the chances they ask smth from the last two points for Russia & SU (Soviet foreign policy)?

utopianimal

HSC
bro they better ask treaty of brest litovsk, civil war, nep, cos why else would it be there if it cant be assessed as an essay?

Harry_062

HSC
bro they better ask treaty of brest litovsk, civil war, nep, cos why else would it be there if it cant be assessed as an essay?
If they brought in one of those it would be a “to what extent did _” or “assess the significance of _” in the Bolshevik consolidation of power - in which you would say it is too whatever extent or significance, and then bring in the other factors that contributed to it

rev668

HSC
Urban
- pass laws, public saftey act (can declare state of emergency any time), segregation in ammenities, Bantu education - teaching younger children Afrikaans and then to be subservient to the white racial classes. Minimal political freedoms - could talk about the Defence force brutality in maintaining Apartheid.

Rural
bantustands! Significant emphasis on this - its conditions, how it was impoverished how it was governed “independently” of South Africa. Can talk about the demographic issues, 80% of the population in 13% of the land that was agriculturally futile - ensured reliance of cheap labour for white South Africans when they’d migrate to townships. The growth of the Bantustands - 4.4m ~> 11m from 1960-1980.
do you need stats for apartheid

utopianimal

HSC
If they brought in one of those it would be a “to what extent did _” or “assess the significance of _” in the Bolshevik consolidation of power - in which you would say it is too whatever extent or significance, and then bring in the other factors that contributed to it
yes i would love it so muchhhh

ivyska

HSC
Another quick question, can I get good marks in Modern if I dont mention historians at all? Like a good 23 or even 24, even I dont mention any historian
:wavey:
if you don't really know what you're on about historians help to subconsciously push you up as well, so like if your essay is a bit L, but you have a lot of stats the markers might just give you like a 22 or 21 for depth of historical detail and move on

ivyska

HSC
also how did people structure paragraphs for impact of war on civilians in Vietnam? e.g. by economic, socio-cultural, environmental or political impacts or somethign else
northern Vietnam, rural southern Vietnam (the bad stuff), urban vietnam (economic stuff)

Harry_062

HSC
do you need stats for apartheid
Ideally yes. Try and memorise a few, such as economic stats, demographic stats etc. Or whack in a few historian names like Saul Debow and literally make up a quote to back what you’re saying - historians have numerous works with hundreds of pages each and they’re not going to go digging for it. Just make it sound different to the tone of your own writing and not identical to your arguement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)