• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths Ext 2 Predictions (8 Viewers)

HSC
but most people are saying this year was easier than previous years so wouldn't scaling be lower this year?
😢
Dude chill, don't stress to much. Once again 4U is meant to be tough however some people may find it easier or harder as it can be subjective. So best you can do is now focus on your next exams and try to maximise ur ATAR.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
a former chief examiner one said that exams should eventually cover all the aspects of the syllabus within the life of the syllabus.

we only have 3 more exams before new syllabus comes into effect, 2024, 2025 and 2026, and i think there may be an aspect not covered well yet, and that is fallacious proofs - like a student did this proof and made mistakes, identify where the mistakes are, or something like that.

so perhaps we may see something like that, if not this year, then 2025 or 2026
hey it looks like my prediction came true, wasn’t necessarily expecting it this year though, but it was in the paper today

epicmaths

HSC
N/A
hey it looks like my prediction came true, wasn’t necessarily expecting it this year though, but it was in the paper today
I remembered someone suggested the disprove type question - I mentioned it but apologies for not giving the shoutout!

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
I remembered someone suggested the disprove type question - I mentioned it but apologies for not giving the shoutout!
doesn’t matter you had an awful lot to do there, just doing a paper is one thing, but livestreaming as well is much harder

OD6

HSC
the only thing i took from that exam was that 0=1 and I'm thoroughly convinced
it wasn't a bad question actually. im pretty sure that its just the constant of integration and that it isn't necesarily going to be the same each time you integrate that function or something like that. but it was certainly one of the more difficult fallacious proof questions ive seen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 6)

• OD6