• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ancient History Predictions/Thoughts (7 Viewers)

Cute-Duckie

Arbitrarily Active Member
HSC
yeah, i did the second q for my section, but for the first q it was like evaluate the role of post amarna pharaohs up to the death of horemheb, and w that there's only like 2 main pharaohs you can really talk about in depth (there are like 5 main pharaohs overall in the syllabus). idk why nesa r narrowing the scope of these essay qs so much
yeah like i just feel like there was way less to write on this year for the essays ngl

nitroexcalibur

HSC
if it helps tbh I definitely think the difficulty curve has increased this year over last year for the paper so it probably will scale in our favour (even tho ancient scaling isn’t incredible to begin with)

Cute-Duckie

HSC
if it helps tbh I definitely think the difficulty curve has increased this year over last year for the paper so it probably will scale in our favour (even tho ancient scaling isn’t incredible to begin with)
i hope scaling is good, i feel like imma be on the edge of a band 6 so fingers crossed

Cute-Duckie

HSC
i dont think i answered the question properly 😭 artemesium is so mid
samee omg, i legit said "the battles were not successful in the short-term, however in the long-term they allowed the Greeks to win the second Greco-Persian war through advantages gained from Thermopylae and Artemisium at the battle of Salamis" like bro so much yap 💀

billy10101

HSC
samee omg, i legit said "the battles were not successful in the short-term, however in the long-term they allowed the Greeks to win the second Greco-Persian war through advantages gained from Thermopylae and Artemisium at the battle of Salamis" like bro so much yap 💀
am i cooked if i talked about leadership and strategies in other battles, i somewhat related to question !

nitroexcalibur

HSC
My teacher was feeling bad for the Julio Claudians, apparantly it wasnt great, my heart goes out to you Augustus was quite nice. Also all my predictions were wrong 😭 went 0/16
My teacher didn’t like the Julio Claudians one either, because the death of Augustus one really was a huge trap that talks mostly about his reforms + changing role of princeps, etc

I did the other one on the success of the rulers and said Claudius, which I had an easier time doing

Serenawilder

HSC
My essay probably wasn't that great. I sorta did a huge paragraph on Pericles' legislation (Payment of the Jurors, Zeigutae to Archonship, reducing power of the areopagus-->Boule, Ecclesia, etc).
Then I tried desperately to link the Delian League --> Athenian Empire to the question since I studied so much on that, so I mostly spoke about how the Delian Leagues transformation to the Athenian empire was key to the preservation of democracy in Athens, since they were facing threats not only from the Persian Empire, but also the oligarchic Peloponnese.
Third one I tried to say that Pericles' development of Athens was crucial to the increasing public participation (thus developing democracy) among the lower classes (building Parthenon required artisans and lower class labourers). The 'Golden Age' of Athens also highlighted the success of a democractic system of government, (idk if that's relevant tho).

I think the question was 'How significant were the key developments of democracy in the Greek World 500-440 BCE'
I AM GLAD SOMEONE ELSE BOUGHT IN DELIAN LEAGUE because I studied so much for it and ain’t no way was I not gonna use it 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)