• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Modern? (17 Viewers)

Zippas

HSC
So I could talk about terror/show trials, collectivisation & five year plans, and social/cultural change as my paragraphs?
This would actually be the most free band 6 if it's that easy

Harry_062

HSC
Watch them throw the biggest curveball of all time and ask like "evaluate the role of Lenin in the Bolshevik consolidation of power"
Wouldn’t that be good..? Or no? What would you write about?

Zippas

HSC
Wouldn’t that be good..? Or no? What would you write about?
- Willingness to sacrifice Ideology for practicality and learning from the mistakes of the Provisional Government (land reform, treaty of BL) Political
- Role in the Civil war (propaganda) (also link to the role of Trotsky) Military
- Introduction of war Communism and the NEP Economic

Zippas

HSC
- Willingness to sacrifice Ideology for practicality and learning from the mistakes of the Provisional Government (land reform, treaty of BL) Political
- Role in the Civil war (propaganda) (also link to the role of Trotsky) Military
- Introduction of war Communism and the NEP Economic
I had a question similar to this for an internal, only feedback was to link to the role of Trotsky especially if its a "to what extent" type question

ivyska

HSC
does anyone know for modern the paper layout? is it like a book for pa, then like the same book for sections two, three and four?

Willwarbrick123

HSC
I had a question similar to this for an internal, only feedback was to link to the role of Trotsky especially if its a "to what extent" type question
bruh how wld u do a whole para on Trotsky, someone explain

HSC
bruh how wld u do a whole para on Trotsky, someone explain
-you could talk ab his lack of political acumen -> he always preferred to take the 'high minded' approach in terms of political debates (using pen and paper), and did not like to form alliances with others and did not really bother building/consolidating a power base despite having led the red army, ultimately contributed to his expulsion, because well that's not how you really win a power struggle
-bolsheviks were scared of trotsky becoming dictator because of his effective oratory skills
-trotsky underestimating stalin

HSC
-you could talk ab his lack of political acumen -> he always preferred to take the 'high minded' approach in terms of political debates (using pen and paper), and did not like to form alliances with others and did not really bother building/consolidating a power base despite having led the red army, ultimately contributed to his expulsion
-bolsheviks were scared of trotsky becoming dictator because of his effective oratory skills
there's probs more but this what i can think of from the top of my head lol

caliw35

HSC
any predictions for conflict in the pacific???
they haven't asked about japanese advance and life under occupation and POSSIBLY turning points (other than coral sea, they asked that last year but haven't asked others like midway/guadalcanal)

Harry_062

HSC
-you could talk ab his lack of political acumen -> he always preferred to take the 'high minded' approach in terms of political debates (using pen and paper), and did not like to form alliances with others and did not really bother building/consolidating a power base despite having led the red army, ultimately contributed to his expulsion, because well that's not how you really win a power struggle
Also his role in the red army’s victory within the civil war you could mention too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)