• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should i do maths adv again? (4 Viewers)

GoldenMango

HSC
I'm an accelerated student for maths adv and I think I'll get a high band 5 only because my rank was low. Based on raw marks, I think I'll get a low band 6 but my rank is really bad since I did bad in first term and locked in afterwards. Should I repeat and do the hsc again next year or deal with the mark?

e8zks

HSC
I'm an accelerated student for maths adv and I think I'll get a high band 5 only because my rank was low. Based on raw marks, I think I'll get a low band 6 but my rank is really bad since I did bad in first term and locked in afterwards. Should I repeat and do the hsc again next year or deal with the mark?
I don't do maths, however one advantage of this is that you have already done the assessments/exams and more importantly the work for it.
It means you would have an advantage over the other students.
Again this may not be good advice because I do not do maths

nonya2000

Banned
HSC
are you planning on retaking the whole course again or just sitting for the test next year? Also what was your raw mark?

Last edited:

nonya2000

Banned
HSC
Also if you're an accelerate student, you should just do extension math 1 and 2, not retake the same course even if you didn't do well in the hard 2024 paper, cause that wont count anyway.

GoldenMango

HSC
are you planning on retaking the whole course again or just sitting for the test next year? Also what was your raw mark?
I'm note sure since I took the hsc yesterday lol but from the solutions that were posted here, around 80-86 but my rank was pretty low and it's not looking good at my school

GoldenMango

HSC
I don't do maths, however one advantage of this is that you have already done the assessments/exams and more importantly the work for it.
It means you would have an advantage over the other students.
Again this may not be good advice because I do not do maths
That's what I was thinking, I do have an advantage and I only will do bad bcus of my rank.

ilovecutecats

HSC
N/A
do not retake adv lol its such a waste, do 4u if u can and forget about 2u, I know ppl who didnt care about their 2u at all getting 60-70s cuz they knew they would do 4u.

GoldenMango

HSC
do not retake adv lol its such a waste, do 4u if u can and forget about 2u, I know ppl who didnt care about their 2u at all getting 60-70s cuz they knew they would do 4u.
thing is i dont love math, to do 4 unit is to give math alot of time. advanced math was somewhat enjoyable but i dont think i can do 4u.

finwand

HSC
Don't redo, deal with the mark and lock in for the rest of your subjects. Most redo-ers end up with the same mark or a bit lower because you have to repeat the whole course again. I'd say its not worth it

finwand

HSC
Don't redo, deal with the mark and lock in for the rest of your subjects. Most redo-ers end up with the same mark or a bit lower because you have to repeat the whole course again. I'd say its not worth it
Also you'll have a lot of study periods to concentrate and use if u don't repeat 👍

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)