• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bio Predications (5 Viewers)

e8zks

HSC
What predictions do we have for Bio this year guys, any thoughts....

ringading

HSC
i reckon biotech 8 marker on agriculture/medicine, a kidney q, homeostasis - of glucose, a fat question on adaptive immunity, named pathogen (animal or plant) and how it affects an organism/spreads and aboriginal plant medicine
oooh yeh i reckon that too. i also think like the eye/hearing disorders and technologies that help.

nitroexcalibur

HSC
Make sure to study pregnancy hormones for mod 8 y’all, they haven’t asked for it for a few years so there’s prolly gonna be something on it. Estrogen, progesterone, hcg, relaxin

nitroexcalibur

HSC
What predictions do we have for Bio this year guys, any thoughts....
- Some big biotechnology large response, about evaluating its impacts
- Pregnancy hormones question
- Crossing over in meiosis II
- Definitely some epidemiology case study, normally they go with smoking/lung cancer or any type of cancer with a high risk, and then ‘evaluate x…’
- Plant adaptations(?)
- Always gotta be a negative feedback loop, they always change up what it’s for tho
- For disorders+tech: question on concave/convex in correcting hyperopia / myopia, assess one hearing technology to correct sensorineural hearing loss, then for kidneys… idfk, probably like how dialysis assists those with chronic kidney disease

tvskAXatar

HSC
Make sure to study pregnancy hormones for mod 8 y’all, they haven’t asked for it for a few years so there’s prolly gonna be something on it. Estrogen, progesterone, hcg, relaxin
That’s not Mod 8 hormones, that’s Mod 5 hormones. Mod 8 hormones are the negative feedback loops in response to a rise in temperature and blood sugar iirc

nitroexcalibur

HSC
That’s not Mod 8 hormones, that’s Mod 5 hormones. Mod 8 hormones are the negative feedback loops in response to a rise in temperature and blood sugar iirc
oh ok that makes sense. i thought it was mod 8 because there’s been questions on homeostasis during pregnancy like the loop of fetal contractions stimulating oxytocin production

tvskAXatar

HSC
oh ok that makes sense. i thought it was mod 8 because there’s been questions on homeostasis during pregnancy like the loop of fetal contractions stimulating oxytocin production
What the fuck? In the HSC or CSSA/school trial papers? Or HSC pre 2019?

nitroexcalibur

HSC
What the fuck? In the HSC or CSSA/school trial papers? Or HSC pre 2019?
ok so i looked it up. wasn’t in a HSC paper before, but it still follows the same principle of homeostasis. you don’t need the extra knowledge, it’s just A leads to B which leads to A.

either way pregnancy hormones, regardless of which module they hail from, are still something you should cover given that it’s been a while since they properly asked in this current syllabus

Last edited:

nitroexcalibur

HSC
Ur right cause the mod 5 syllabus says this: IMG_3510.jpeg

either way the thing i was talking about was just another version of homeostasis, might have been a NEAP or another independent paper. it looked like this:
IMG_3508.png
anyways it’s obvious that homeostasis is gonna be there, im just advising that we review pregnancy stuff from mod 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)