• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mathematics Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (8 Viewers)

FudiddidoAdrian

HSC
Guys for the probability one if j showed full working out and got 9.9 but said 9 instead of 10 do i lose marks

hch

HSC
is scaling gonna be lower cause its harder or r we exagerating

HSC
Hope scaling is better. Counted and pretty sure I got 61 raw this was a horror show. But last year a 61 got 81 and last year was a fuckin breeze compared to this nightmare of an "advanced" hsc. Regardless I'm fine w/ a B5 for advanced after that.

iloveeggs

future cat lady <3
HSC
kids in my acclerated class say they got 90 raw but kids in y12 say they got 75??? i really don't know what to think bc some people say they went good so idk. hearing all this disussion about people doing horrible is making me think my entire maths class is capping lowkey

minnie00007

HSC
I got around 70 raw, but I think it might still be possible for me to get scaled up to 90. I am ranked second in my school cohort, but I did not perform very well at all on this exam, so I fully expect more than one other person from my cohort to have scored higher than me. If the second-highest score from my cohort in this exam is no lower than 78, I will take the average of their mark and my mark to get 74. And, in 2021, a 74 scaled up to 90, as you can see at rawmarks.info/mathematics/mathematics-advanced/.

Side note: Multiple people have suggested that the 2024 exam was harder than that of 2021 and are expecting the scaling to be more generous than any prior years. However, I would think that students in 2021 were likely taught to a lower standard than we have been this year due to COVID, so the ratio of exam difficulty to student capability will be approximately the same as it was this year.

My point is, assuming that scaling is equivalent to 2021 (when it could potentially be more generous) and assuming that the second-highest mark from my cohort was 78 (when it will likely be higher), it is still possible for me to get scaled up to a 90 with a 70 raw mark. Let me know whether you think this is realistic.

Don't give up, guys. Keep it in perspective, hope for the best, and push on.
I reckon since you ranked second you still have a chance definitely since I'm hoping a low 70s is a band 6 too. I got around 77 raw but I also came third in my grade so hoping for the same!

minnie00007

HSC
no cause like i have no idea what to believe when I'm hearing some people are saying they got over 90 raw easily while I'm here stressing with my high 70s especially since I'm accelerated so it was kinda expected for me to get a b6

FudiddidoAdrian

HSC
yo guys i might be hella delusional but they only uploaded ext 2 maths paper 2024 and not maths adv even tho it was first? maybe they realise how hard it is for everyone 🤔

lounjg

HSC
what did we have to write our student numbers on? Was it the multiple choice answer sheet and the question booklet or just the question booklet? Also can I check with my school if they haven't sent them away yet? I say this because I remember writing the number and centre number on one thing only.

Last edited:

GL783

HSC
what did we have to write our student numbers on? Was it the multiple choice answer sheet and the question booklet or just the question booklet? Also can I check with my school if they haven't sent them away yet? I say this because I remember writing the number and centre number on one thing only.
I think I only wrote in on question booklet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)