• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Do not know what subject to drop (1 Viewer)

dee_111

HSC
I am not sure what subject to drop. I am planning to study medicine after school. I have 13 units and I am unsure to decide between chemistry and studies of religion 2, I am guaranteed a band 6 in studies of religion 2, but chemistry is so hard to even get a band 5. I have looked onto university prerequisites, however, some unis do require chemistry as one of their prerequisites. I am not sure what to drop. I can drop for SOR 2 to SOR 1 so I can have 12 units --> so chem would not count to my atar, I am hoping to gain some advice on this situation. Thanks

Laxu01010

HSC
I do SOR 1 and to be honest it's quit a lot of work for only 1 unit. What I will say is chemistry in year 12 is so much better than year 11 and also its very useful for certain uni degrees. But if you dont want to do a degree with chemistry just drop it.

person3024

HSC
I do SOR 1 and to be honest it's quit a lot of work for only 1 unit. What I will say is chemistry in year 12 is so much better than year 11 and also its very useful for certain uni degrees. But if you dont want to do a degree with chemistry just drop it.
yes so true chem gets a lottt better in year 12 like i actually somewhat enjoy it, and sor 1 is content heavy for no reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)