• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (41 Viewers)

specc2040

HSC
English should scale alright this year since it wasn't that hard but not even that easy. But because it was discursive or persuasive forced for mod c, so the scaling might go up quite a bit. Since half the state wrote abt technology for mod c, they basically narrowed the range of thought that students could write compared to if it was imaginative. So I guess scaling might be alright.
wait i don't think you had to write about technology - you just had to take the ideas from the stimulus, whether it was 'adopting the unconventional' or going 'back to basics' you could've written about anything

rosieohposie

HSC
Btw is it just me or does anyone else also feel like if you could go back in time would you change the subjects that you picked?
i wish i hadn't done math when i did my first round of hsc.... i did so bad in it and it wasn't like with modern where i at least enjoyed it even if i didn't do the best. but also if i hadn't done math i probably would've done bio which was on at the same time as standard and i don't think i was dedicated enough at that time to have done good in that course (which is part of my biggest gripe with the compressed curriculum system but that's a whole different thing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 37)