• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Essay Similarity (1 Viewer)

SFG111

HSC
Hi,

I have made an essay for english combining an idea from an internet exemplar and adding some of my own stuff to it, I also used 8ish quotes from it with 7 extra from my own quotes and they are in the same order as the exemplar essay, would my teachers or hsc markers count that as plagarism

Last edited:

e8zks

HSC
Hi,

I have made an essay for english combining an idea from an internet exemplar and adding some of my own stuff to it, I also used 10ish quotes from it with 4 extra from my own quotes and they are in the same order as the exemplar essay, would my teachers or hsc markers count that as plagarism
for an assessment?

e8zks

HSC
yes but also if I were to use it in trials and hsc
depends, if u used it for assessment initially, it was targeted towards something, in hsc/trials, u want stuff that is generic, if u want, dm me it and I will try to help

StudyNotesTips

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I have made an essay for english combining an idea from an internet exemplar and adding some of my own stuff to it, I also used 8ish quotes from it with 7 extra from my own quotes and they are in the same order as the exemplar essay, would my teachers or hsc markers count that as plagarism
If your essay closely follows the structure and order of the exemplar and includes many direct quotes, it could be considered plagiarism. Make sure to properly attribute any quotes and aim to paraphrase ideas in your own words. It could also be good to dm those high achievers for advice too on whether your making the right decisions!

SFG111

HSC
Thanks for the response, so just to clarify if my analysis is done by me only and if the idea in the essay is a fairly common one with ig fairly common quotes would it be no longer plagarism?

15 Budapest St Rooty Hill, New South Wales
HSC
Thanks for the response, so just to clarify if my analysis is done by me only and if the idea in the essay is a fairly common one with ig fairly common quotes would it be no longer plagarism?
Don't listen to that account, the person behind that account is just copying and pasting stuff into chatgpt and responding to you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)