• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Eco predictions/thoughts (1 Viewer)

hjsml

HSC
Hey guys can someone pls summarise the environmental management stuff because im so confused on that topic

qwerg

HSC
Hey guys can someone pls summarise the environmental management stuff because im so confused on that topic
isn't it just how the Australian government tries to achieve its economic objective of environmental management through regulations, limits and economic policies. Like the Australian economy had a carbon tax before and has a goal of "Net Zero by 2050". I reckon you should practice essays on environmental management and use statistics and remember them for the HSC

Ishi081

HSC
does anybody have some good articles about the Chinese economy and its impact on the Australian economy currently
or could somebody summarise what is happening?

hjsml

HSC
isn't it just how the Australian government tries to achieve its economic objective of environmental management through regulations, limits and economic policies. Like the Australian economy had a carbon tax before and has a goal of "Net Zero by 2050". I reckon you should practice essays on environmental management and use statistics and remember them for the HSC
what abt kyoto protocall and paris agreement

hjsml

HSC
also is there any exemplar responses for least years essay question on the possible impacts of environmental sustainability

ahihimeowmeow

HSC
About the current account, we were in a surplus not long ago but now we’re in a deficit, I couldnt find enough articles on why it’s now a deficit. Or should I just use some of the old stats for the CAD before this year’s CAS 😰😰😰😰 🆘🆘🆘 OR IF U GUYS COULD FINF ANY PLS SEND

ahihimeowmeow

HSC
This also sounds dumb but how r u guys memorising ‘em stats & essay plans without mixing them up like a smoothie🤓☝🏻❓i tried the stupid blurting method but it always takes me half a life to do so

tvskAXatar

HSC
About the current account, we were in a surplus not long ago but now we’re in a deficit, I couldnt find enough articles on why it’s now a deficit. Or should I just use some of the old stats for the CAD before this year’s CAS 😰😰😰😰 🆘🆘🆘 OR IF U GUYS COULD FINF ANY PLS SEND
Foriegn ownership.

Australia has always had a high CAD (apart from 2019-2022) due to the high level of foreign ownership of Australian assets and loose restrictions on foriegn activities here, as well as the savings-investment gap. Many Australian firms cannot find domestic firms to be their investor due to them having insufficient funds for the long term primarily due to Australia’s small population, hence foriegn investment fills the gap (savings-investment gap). Australia also on the other hand has very loose restrictions on foreign investment. For example, Australia is the only major developed country where domestic airlines (excluding QF) can be 100% foreign owned (eg: Virgin) - this is not allowed in the US, UK, Europe (EU) or Canada. This further increases net primary income debits. Australia has relaxed rules on foreign ownership of real estate as well. Australia as a result of these facts and policies, is a net capital importer (more foriegn ownership of Australia than Australian ownership overseas). Australia also does not sufficiently tax multinational mining corporations for taking our resources and extracting it overseas, a big missed opportunity on net primary income. Australia collects more from HECS debt than it does from foreign-owned mining corporations in Australia. So this is all structural/policy factors.

The reason why Australia had a CAS in 2019-2022 was due to record returns on exports offsetting Australia’s payments for imports AND Australia’s debits of interest, repayments, profits and dividends back to foriegn investors and banks. This was temporary and it was always expected to return to deficit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)