More information and booking on the NSW Writers Centre website:
HSC English Ext 2: A Year of Writing
Who: Anna Maria Dell’Oso
Cost full course: Full price: $850; Conc Member: $515
Cost individual phases: Full price: $350; Conc Member: $210
It can be daunting to...
What would be more interesting is to see the conversion rate of these HSC marks into:
1. Good university students
2. Good all round citizens who contribute to the well-being of society and others
Please, life is more than a number out of 100. To be well rounded you have to take part in all...
Also, remember that it is Hydrogen gas that is being excited with many thousands or millions or thousands of millions etc atoms. Thus, the one electron in all those atoms is randomly moving between different energy levels.
Hence, if we could see in all sprectra, we would see all the series of...
OK how HP:PS shows belonging:
- Harry belonged in a loving family who were killed because they loved him so very much
- Harry is living in a family that he does not belong in because they are scared/jealous/embarrassed by his powers (or potential powers because his mother was a witch)
The question is, is it important to you?
Is it important that you do your best at all times (no matter what others think)?
Is it important to you that others will see you as industrious and hard working (especially your teachers)?
Is it important to you that your teachers will want to give up...
People! Don't kill yourself. You need, what, 10 units? Do 13 in Year 11 MAX and then drop to 12 in Year 12 to give yourself a 2 unit buffer to throw away if you do badly. But doing more than you need will lead to burn out.
Don't do it to yourself. If you REALLY love the subject, do it later at...
Don't feel lost. Those marks and ranks look fantastic. And getting a low mark in an assessment doesn't mean low assessment mark overall because raw marks should not be determining the final mark from the BOS.
But don't focus on that.
Think about what you want to do at Uni or after. What is...
- The making of our laws was based on Christian ideals.
- Social welfare
- SCHOOLS - were started by Christians
- I think the Australian Labor Party was started by Catholics
- Scripture in schools
There's a few to be starting with.
Just thought everyone might like to know about the NSW Writer's Centre courses they run for EE2.
<TABLE style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>HSC English Extension 2 (31 October 2010 - 29 May...
The best way to choose subjects is what you enjoy doing. Don't worry about scaling at all.
Choose those that you are good at and make sure there is one fun subject (no matter good or bad you are at it).
This is the sage advice my father gave me and it was something that got me through 2...
A couple of suggestions:
1. Don't focus on the rank (I know it's important in the final scheme of things, but focussing on the end result will not help at the moment)
2. Try and improve on where you are at now. What lost you the most marks? Essays? Poetry? Analysis? Creative writing? Whatever...
I'm feeling your pain and I just keep procrastinating and not just sitting down and writing through it.
But that is the key, just sit and write. Don't try and make it the best writing you have ever done, just write and as you do, ideas will flow, the characters will literally tell you where...
Language - we use some pretty unique language and idioms. You may not consider them very Australian because you use them all the time but they are. The combination of those makes it Australian.
Landscape - also the light and colours of Australia are very different from the dullness of Europe...