Would 14 Units in yr 11 & 12 be too much? (1 Viewer)

Lexar12

HSC
I think you might be able to cope. A guy thats doing 15 Units at my schools Stressing alot though. His doing a language at saturday school and Accounting but i think any units above 12 units is alot because you need to put in more effort then the rest and only 10 units will go towards your UAI. See how you go :)

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
yeah
i agree with lexar
I do 13 units :
  • English (std)
  • Maths (3u)
  • Physics
  • IT Vet
  • SDD
  • Bio
and i do alrite but it IS demanding esp. for SDD and Maths extension ( u get LOTS of stuff to do)

btw if u R going to do 14 units... wouldn't ur lines clash??

dreis-freeman

HSC
hmm, nice subject choices! uhh what i would say is for yr 11 is to stay with 14units as in yr 12 u can drop whatever cause if ur yr 12 with the minimal amount of units, they'll be the ones that count for the UAI rather than having the flexibility of taking the 10 best units out of however many. i for some reason (not meant to) had 15 units at the start of yr 11 and then dropped them pretty fast.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
See how you go with the 14 units in Year 11 first. Then make a decision at the end of it to decide whether or not you should continue with it.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
no i don't think 14 units is too much. the more the better. and most likely some are really easy and don't need much effort. if you like them do as many as you can, for yr 11.

Lexar12

HSC
me121 said:
no i don't think 14 units is too much. the more the better. and most likely some are really easy and don't need much effort. if you like them do as many as you can, for yr 11.
I think me121 is trying to say that its better to keep the options available so that when it comes to yr 12, he would have more options to chose which subjects his going to drop after contemplating what his favourtie subjects and strongest and weakest subjects are etc. Hmm and seeing that the subjects are sort of related;business, economics, dnt and acccounting, it might not be as hard as doing something like physics, legal, economics and modern history?
because its very different subjects with not much relavence to the other subjects. SO i think the subject choice is very good for someone wanting to be an entrepreneur.

I wouldnt want to be an entrepreneur though, i want job security aftwer i graduate :p

noodles8

HSC
I'm also thinking about subject selection and 14 units...would these subjects in Y11 be a lot of work?

- English Extension 1
- Maths Extension 1
- Music 2
- French
- Economics
- Modern History

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
People! Don't kill yourself. You need, what, 10 units? Do 13 in Year 11 MAX and then drop to 12 in Year 12 to give yourself a 2 unit buffer to throw away if you do badly. But doing more than you need will lead to burn out.

Don't do it to yourself. If you REALLY love the subject, do it later at Uni (or do it at a higher level at Uni, later).

Andii92

HSC
Statistics show people doing 12 units get relatively higher marks in the state compared to other people not doing 12 units. But then again, don't quote me on it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm also thinking about subject selection and 14 units...would these subjects in Y11 be a lot of work?

- English Extension 1
- Maths Extension 1
- Music 2
- French
- Economics
- Modern History
Bit much in my opinion.

Statistics show people doing 12 units get relatively higher marks in the state compared to other people not doing 12 units. But then again, don't quote me on it.
Once again, difference between correlation and causation. Just because you do 12 Units doesn't mean you're going to do any better than someone that does 10 units.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
That's true, but generally more motivated people do 12 units for 'back up' but then again don't quote me on it.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
That's true, but generally more motivated people do 12 units for 'back up' but then again don't quote me on it.
But theoretically, doing 10 units allows you more time devoted to each subject, therefore increasing your chances of attaining a higher mark. This is in theory guys.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
In practice, the people who do 10 units are mostly the people who say "I want to do the least work possible", the smarter people do 12 units because they say, "Just in case I screw up... which I might, I'll have this back-up."

I have 4 units of back-up =)

Think positively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)