☼☼☼Want new MuSIK Player - no Ipod☼☼☼ (2 Viewers)

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Currently, i personally would just go for the ipod nano 16GB or whatever it's called nowadays. However, i heard good things about the Cowan S9 that's coming out soon:

Advanced MP3 Players Cowon iAudio S9 8GB MP3 Player

Specs look pretty impressive, doesn't look that shabby either. I haven't got a price for AUS yet, but it's going to retail for around $240US for the 16GB version i think.

All that said, i currently have a creative zen 16GB. It does the job and is pretty rugged (had it for about 18 months now, everything still working). I had an ipod mini before this, and I liked the user interface of the ipods alot better than the zens. I found that the software the zen ships with is alot better than itunes and stuff though.

johony

HSC
Currently, i personally would just go for the ipod nano 16GB or whatever it's called nowadays. However, i heard good things about the Cowan S9 that's coming out soon:

Advanced MP3 Players Cowon iAudio S9 8GB MP3 Player

Specs look pretty impressive, doesn't look that shabby either. I haven't got a price for AUS yet, but it's going to retail for around $240US for the 16GB version i think.
man, the koreans definitely know how to make a good music player. the only problem remains is that they don't really know how to market them.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
just got an 8gb sansa clip its pretty rad

sounds better than my old ipod too

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
The Apple Ipod may have set the benchmark in the market as to what should be an excellent music player, however their proprietary and secretive attitudes push prices beyond what they should be.

Accessories such as a radio attachment or car chargers for the Ipod cost premium, yet they can be easily implemented in other mp3 players without hassle.

Support competition so that we don't pay more than what we should for goods
Don't be a tool. I'm an open standards advocate as much as the next guy, but you're deluding yourself if you think the iPod is any more closed than any other piece of hardware on the market.

Fact of the matter is you don't like Apple. Why not just be up front about it?

I have no qualms about supporting Creative players, they're great, but they're just as closed as the iPods, unless they finally got their act together and allowed the users to drag and drop files rather than (or in addition to) their media manager. FLAC support would be a nice bonus.

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
meh, just get the bloody ipod already will ya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)