• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

中文歌詞! (5 Viewers)

crazylilmonkee

HSC
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am emailing in great curiosity and in need of information regarding the issue of deferring and as well, transferring. My current situation is first year B Economics. I have just finished my exams, and believe I did not perform very well.
I would like to ask, if I defer next session and resume my study in 2005 Session 1, if I am able to transfer to a different faculty, namely Built Environment, in B Interior Architecture for that year and session. If I am able to, what would be required to gain entry into this course?
I believe my UAI comes into this, but does my uni grades effect my entry also? I have found out that I transfer through the UAC website, but am unsure of my requirements.

I would greatly appreciate a reply from you.

Thank you for your time,

Jessica

Dear Jessica,

If you wish to transfer to a different degree in Semester 1, 2005 you will apply through UAC for undergraduate study in August/September this year.

In terms of how your application will be assessed, your new admissions rank will be a combination of your UAI and your grade point average from at least ONE complete year of full time tertiary study. So if you withdrew from your degree after one Semester, your admissions rank for entrance to university next year would simply be your UAI. You could also defer from your current course in order to avoid completing one year of full time study, however usually first year students aren't permitted to defer. This is something you would have to discuss with your school/faculty.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards
Will
UNSW Admissions Office

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Oh thats just great :( Whenever I email UAC they give me a shit reply such as this:
Hi David

Speak to the admissions officer at the UNSW about your situation.Ask him waht selection criteria the university would by using in your case.

Cheers

Katy
Probably because I used my boredofstudies email address and they probably noticed it and hated it due to Lazarus' amount of shit he's given the uac :)

crazylilmonkee

HSC
its prolly best to email your uni cos they know stuff bout ur course.. and plus i emailed last nite and got the reply this mornin..

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by crazylilmonkee
its prolly best to email your uni cos they know stuff bout ur course.. and plus i emailed last nite and got the reply this mornin..
yeah, and use your UNSW email account, that way you look a bit more serious

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I thought I looked serious using my boredofstudies account. Guess not :(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Jess: Can I use that email you sent, and the reply, and post it in the Uni General/UNSW forums? It helps explain something I've been wondering, and others that have been asking (namely, do they count uni grades for less than 1 year full time if applying to transfer)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I do, and I'm procrastinating my cramming. Can you get any worse ?

Winston

HSC
shit u guys post like crazy here... well hope everyones doing fine with their exams, i know i'm not fuck i got raped hard by my maths... anyways... good luck for the rest of all ur exams guys, and good luck xiao for 1902 tommorow, 1002 is gonna kill me for sure!

^___^
HSC
Dear Sir/Madam

i have a gpa of 0, u reckon i have a chance of transferring to medicine or law or actuarial?

JimsDa

Jimmy

if u have the courage, u can always blow the dean of the faculty, there are always backdoor to things ;)

i like the simile at the end :)

crazylilmonkee

HSC
u got a job yet david?
my hours for the next week range from 17hours - 27.5hours....
money! :D

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Gelatissssssssssmo. All the ice-cream I can have at winter -__-

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
you don't even need calculator for maths. i mean wtf can they ask you that requires a calculator?

I never used one in my exam.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I used the calculator to cheat in the evaluate limit questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)