• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

中文歌詞! (2 Viewers)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
divide by highest power.

this question reminded me of something my high school maths teacher told me.
"ppl with fast cars want to drive fast"

I was trying all these fancy techniques and forgot about the basics lol.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
oops, sorry jm... i deleted my post cuz i thought twas too nerdy =p 8-|

aniway for q1:
S (1/(1+e^x) dx = S (1 + e^x - e^x)/(1+e^x) dx
= S [1 + e^x / (1+ e^x) ] dx
= x + ln | 1 + e^x | + C

second q, thx for ur idea, or else it'd take me ages to figure out:
lim n ->oo n/sqrt (n^2 + 1) = lim n ->oo sqrt [n^2/(n^2 + 1)]
= lim n -> oo [ 1 - (1/(n^2 +1)]
= 1

took me quite a while to figure out the first q too =p

inasero

Reborn
HSC
now there's a rule i havent heard in a long long time
u guys would shit all over me if i did maths at uni

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
LOL wtf is with the maths talk?! o_O

wo zai ting zhou jie lun....... "an hao" <3

eek i better study on wednesday, i have a chinese presentation on thurs :S

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
xiao started it :p
hey, wanna check history??? =p

ani way, tho abit late, gluck bubz on 2morrow's chiense presentation ^.^
xiao hopes bubz kicks some ass !!! so that this thread can be promoted all over the world... =)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Xiao how've ya been buddy? BTW I feel like roast.. duck for lunch. Please meet me at Wentworth tomorrow. Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhhaa.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
my incomplete court report part A draft 1 - copy and die:
Introduction
My visits to the Local Courts have been a major eye-opener to my understanding of the administration of justice; that it is varied and colourful, at times solemn and formal, at others less so, at times very tedious and at other times, deeply thought-provoking. For the purposes of this description, I have divided my observations into three sections: the physical aspects, a description and comparison of the different Courts I visited; proceedings and rituals, a description of the various matters I attended; the moods and personas of the court, a description of the atmosphere of the different Courts, what created to this atmosphere and the actions and attitudes of the characters I encountered.

Physical Aspects of Courts
Local Courts vary in physical presence according to the year and location in which they were built. From the exterior, certain locations, such as the Central Criminal Court (‘Central’), with its impressive sandstone architecture , boldly ‘look’ like courts. Others, like the Downing Centre (‘Downing’), are more concealed and ambiguous in appearance, visually suggesting a hotel or shopping centre rather than a judicial building. Fairfield Local Court (‘Fairfield’), I observed, had a more unusual appearance, suggestive of a suburban library . Indeed Local Courts do not seem to take any one particular architectural form.

Likewise, the interior of the courts visited varied, consistent with the style of the building. The courts of the Central featured aspects of its colonial architecture: a formal courtroom with dark mahogany benches, a plaque above the apex of the magistrate’s chair, frescoed high ceilings and walls of a pale green hue. Without the enclosed dock in the centre, it could well have been mistaken for a chamber of government. In stark contrast were the courts of the Downing: very small and pentagonal in shape, the room contained furniture the colour of beech, more modern and office-like. Similar to their exterior shells, the interior courtrooms of Local Courts varied in design and decor according to the architecture of the building.

Proceedings and Rituals
All the matters to be handled in a particular day would be listed on a courtlist, posted in the atrium of the Court. I learnt that listing order of those matters is not important; the magistrate will instruct the court officer which parties to call in and in what order. Once the parties are present in the courtroom, the hearing will begin.

Matters heard were, for the most part, summary offences : common assault, parking infringements and applications for Apprehended Violence Orders (AVOs). Usually these matters were dealt with and concluded in one hearing, although an adjournment may be granted in extreme circumstances . The length of these matters varied: a self-represented plea of guilty to assault and subsequent conviction only took fifteen minutes , whereas laborious cross-examination lengthened a trial I heard to two whole court days.

The rituals of bowing to the magistrate as you entered or left and reference to him/her as ‘Your Honour’, seemed to be strictly adhered to by everyone, even the most casually-dressed of applicants . Other rituals I saw were related to procedure and evidence: a lawyer always referred to his opponent as ‘my friend’ ; only the opponent lawyer can ask leading questions under cross-examination; supporting evidence tendered can be challenged by the opponent, although in most cases it was not.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
You really need a server or something else to store your stuff, cos I'm gonna steal your law stuff and use it when I go to court

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Xiao how've ya been buddy? BTW I feel like roast.. duck for lunch. Please meet me at Wentworth tomorrow. Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhhaa.
LOL! love the crescendo of muahahah :D

nancy - you coming?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I'm coming *moans*

kidding, yeah I'm coming. You're lucky it's sunny today

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
*back after a nice lunch of roast duck (i'm not kidding xiao) and ice-blended yakult... full and probably gonna get sickkk... from overeating...*

btw, the chinese consulate in sydney is very very very far from central station... like 40 mins walk!!! went there and back today for fun. for a visa for my dad. for fun.

jess, not sure if you know this already, but miriam yeung (special guest is edmond leung) is coming to marketcity for an autograph party 4pm thursday 30th september. not that i care :rolleyes:

nancy, plagiarism means academic suicide.

Winston

HSC
JKDDragon said:
HAHAH u ass collin, omfggggg M face sold my laptop to someone in fucking UK haha.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Plagarism is an art.

I would not of made it into uni if it wasn't for plagarism.

i would not have failed my sem1 uni as bad if i didn't plagarise.

no NER to those who study their ass off every night just for that degree to get a high paying job, only to have to work for the rest of your life and retire rich with nothing to do anymore :)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Ragerunner said:
no [sic] NER to those who study their ass off every night just for that degree to get a high paying job, only to have to work for the rest of your life and retire rich with nothing to do anymore
you know what ragface? by plagiarising you are proving yourself no better than a leech, the lowest form of life. for your information i don't study my ass off every night, but i will get a high-paying job and make a contribution to society, unlike fuckwits, bludgers and leeches like you, who contribute nothing to society but have your next meal handed to you by social welfare.

stop bragging about how you can rort the system and effort of people who do contribute, shut the fuck up and go fuck yourself.

Winston

HSC
Ragerunner said:
Plagarism is an art.

I would not of made it into uni if it wasn't for plagarism.

i would not have failed my sem1 uni as bad if i didn't plagarise.

no NER to those who study their ass off every night just for that degree to get a high paying job, only to have to work for the rest of your life and retire rich with nothing to do anymore :)
plagiarism... haha the irony of someone who actually commits it, but not being able to spell it!

mate... tenacity is the only thing that would pay off later on in life, and "you" my friend, lack that, and not to worry 'bud' ;) we'll be seeing you being caught red handed next time you 'plagiarise'.

crazylilmonkee

HSC
Frigid said:
*back after a nice lunch of roast duck (i'm not kidding xiao) and ice-blended yakult... full and probably gonna get sickkk... from overeating...*

btw, the chinese consulate in sydney is very very very far from central station... like 40 mins walk!!! went there and back today for fun. for a visa for my dad. for fun.

jess, not sure if you know this already, but miriam yeung (special guest is edmond leung) is coming to marketcity for an autograph party 4pm thursday 30th september. not that i care :rolleyes:

nancy, plagiarism means academic suicide.
wooooooo so goin :D:D

i have her new cd yay!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)