06 IPs (1 Viewer)

angelar

wow, early starters...dont stress about it really, because i changed my piece like 3 times, and that was once a had finally started, which was like mid year really. with my group, we didnt really start some good solid ideas until after we saw onstage and that at the start of the new year, changed it like 5 times, including a re-structure of our narrative between trials and the HSC, and we managed a nominatin, so dont stress. As long as you devote yourself, are prepared to drill it for group dynamics, so it flows really well, and most of all have fun! that was our main goal. cause u can fight so much in this sort of pressure situation, and it just doesnt help anyone~

have fun in drama this year, it was one of the better times of my school life!

Kyroth***

HSC
Technically, you're not supposed to start group until term 2.
So it makes things much easiers if you get your butt into gear very early. All the guide books and stuff say try and do heaps on your IP in term 4, and have it mostly finished by the end of term 1. It means you don't let your group down at all. I highly recomend this, although I don't know anyone who actually managed to do it.
Remember though, the better you go now, the easier it is later on. One guy in my group left his til really late, and as a result did a really half-assed job, because he simply didn't have time, what with all the GP stuff. You can change it, sure. But you're best just brainstorming as many ideas as you can to start with, get whatever you can out. Trust me, it helps.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i've started well and truly with the researching and the reading scripts and exploring characters and whatnot (im doing performance btw). and yes i am one of those people who is going to try and get it out of the way like they suggest (lets see if it happens lol :D ). but really, if our teacher hadnt set us a schedule to work to i would have done way less than i have. good luck with everybody's projects by the way...does anyone else know what option they're doing yet?

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
Yeah, I've already started work on my video. ^_^ I have the outline, the characters, some music, and a bunch of willing actors. I'm ever so happy.

...now all I hafta do is get my butt in line and start writing the script. YAY!

niteshade1312

HSC
It's good to start early, but I did Critical Analysis and couldn't start early because I had to see plays.. Just make sure your piece doesn't go stale

~ P u t s ~

HSC
I have no idea what I'm doing!
I don't know where to start either. I haven't even decided on wether I want to do performance or the promotion & program.
So I'm hoping during the hols inspiration hits and I'll some how figure out what to do.

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
I'm hoping to finish editting my film in the holidays.
What do you think the chances of me filming a whole seven minute film in a single day are like?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
HinikuTheNinja said:
I'm hoping to finish editting my film in the holidays.
What do you think the chances of me filming a whole seven minute film in a single day are like?
high quality film?

slim to none.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hmm just a little question relating to performances...if you use an object as a symbol...how do you make sure the audience realises the significance of it without spelling it out?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
hmm just a little question relating to performances...if you use an object as a symbol...how do you make sure the audience realises the significance of it without spelling it out?
well, it really depends on thee situation. generally you should treat the object as naturally as possible, let the audience see the significance in your actions without baiting them. if you're blatant about symbolism, it can look stifled and artificial.

what is the object you are using as a symbol? and also what style is your performance?

remember, the examiners are intelligent sophisticated people (generally) and will 'get' the significance of the prop you are using before the rest of the audience does.

also steer clear of relying on the props you use to tell your story. you have to sell yourself, not the props or the script writer. only your performance ability.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
AlleyCat said:
well, it really depends on thee situation. generally you should treat the object as naturally as possible, let the audience see the significance in your actions without baiting them. if you're blatant about symbolism, it can look stifled and artificial.

what is the object you are using as a symbol? and also what style is your performance?

remember, the examiners are intelligent sophisticated people (generally) and will 'get' the significance of the prop you are using before the rest of the audience does.

also steer clear of relying on the props you use to tell your story. you have to sell yourself, not the props or the script writer. only your performance ability.
i was sort of considering using a rose as a symbolic representation of the character's hidden depths/change in personality traits during the piece...using it to reveal her hidden motives as the story progresses. it was something my teacher suggested doing, i dont know if i will end up doing it because i want the focus to be on the character not other stuff. it was originally intended to be a comedy/parody as well, if i do use symbolism it has to fit that idea too...gah. you're right about not using props to tell the story, i was kinda apprehensive about it but it you never know until you try it. guess i still have some thinking to do about this. perhaps when i get a more concrete idea of the plot of the performance it will become clearer what to do. but thanks for the advice

phizzy

HSC
hey what does everyone's ip journals look like at present...cuz i'm rather well...not so enthusiastic about mine at the moment...and not too enthusiastic to change it either. however...if someone were to say that they write in it quite often that might be enough to spur me on so come on fellow thespians! please tell me you're not as lazy as i!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
phizzy said:
hey what does everyone's ip journals look like at present...cuz i'm rather well...not so enthusiastic about mine at the moment...and not too enthusiastic to change it either. however...if someone were to say that they write in it quite often that might be enough to spur me on so come on fellow thespians! please tell me you're not as lazy as i!
i've been writing in mine fairly often, about once or twice a week. at the beginning it was more like every day. but the flow of ideas and stuff has slowed for me at the moment (read: im pissed off because ive seem to have hit a brick wall already). what project are you doing...and how often do you actually write entries? are you feeling unmotivated because you have no ideas or because you dont like your texts/project area, or both? if the latter you might consider changing options. if you force yourself into the habit of writing in your journal (even if it's only a sentence) you might find that it becomes easier, and you may get more ideas from reflecting in your book. i find ideas and problems become clearer after setting them out on paper. good luck with it - and dont let yourself get lazy!!! :D :D

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
AntonTheswan said:
I know guys who have already got ideas that they are storyboarding/scripting/editing I have no such inspiration. Does anyone out there?
Meh, u'll get there! lol

As other ppl said, drama is the best! And with GP kept your eye on the media & the general public & if you think of any ideas (even silly ones, they're good for a laugh when yuo're stressing) - WRITE THEM DOWN!

Now, to ur IP..to me, was the harder of the two. And dont think Performance is the easy one, its even harder if you're making one up. One of my friends in my class was doing a slapstick performance, but didnt really start writing & getting things worked out until a week before the markers..lets just say he didnt do that well.;)

With me, i did scriptwriting, at first i wanted to do performance with Shakespeare, but then it changed to scriptwriting with Shakespeare, then wrting with the same style as shakespeare, then it lead to a play about the famous Macbeth Curse!

Scriptwriting is alot of fun, though try to do better than i did, i ended up doing the whole 2nd act (8 pages/double-spaced) the night before!

Let that mind of yours go into the world of unusual places! lol. Good luck & tell us about things later in the year!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)