09ers Yr 12 Formal (1 Viewer)

HSC
oh ok lol... aww are you 18 this year or gotta wait till next year?
my year has a repuation of being the biggest alcoholics... and we dnt have a set afterparty, i think we are just going to try get most people on a bus and go back to schoolies... buses go to and from there all night ^^
no i have to wait till may next year :evilfire: haha

absorber

HSC
LOL oh man ours was complete bullshit. Centrepoint tower, right? Sounds sweet. Sure.

We didn't get up until 7 30 pm, despite the fact it was supposed to start at 7. This was after two separate groups of people going up and then being turned down over the last hour for not having what were ultimately redundant green wristbands to prove we were on some list.

This 'list' did not include some people who had paid (including friends of mine who even had receipts to prove their payment). Basically, we underbooked by 15 people or so, or at least so it would seem. These people were eventually allowed up, but were not given tables, chairs or food and so many basically left immediately despite paying. Shit night for them.

Meanwhile, because of this 'list' crap there were massive delays. We didn't eat the entree until 8 30 pm. The DJ started pumping ear-splittingly loud music at a quarter to 9 (before we'd even been delivered the main course).

So after all that the DJ shut up and at 9 we ate. The food was reasonable, but not great. After dinner they played generic dance music for 90 minutes, which was fair enough, but not my thing. We ate desert while listening. I'd say people overall were quite relieved to escape at 11.

The pros? The view.

The cons? See above.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
haha high expecations. i guess anyone on here from my school could back me up when i say, really our school fails. i think it has the potential to be a good school. it was once upon a time but im not sure what happened. i enjoyed year 12 though but i guess it was just the atmosphere of our year and stuff.

no not really we didnt even have a set afterparty. alot of people went to the city cos they were over 18. im not over 18 so yeah :(
and then some went to the fiddler.
i know of 2 afterpartys but they were like invites only so yeah and i dont think either of them were that big.

holy fuck, YES OUR SCHOOL DOES FAIL!!! especially when it comes to year 12 formals...

biggest failure ever

dumb cunt "DJ" wanted song requests "in writing"
so i actually got a napkin and a pen, wrote a list of songs down, hopped up on stage and gave it to him
yet he still continues to play his shitty grease songs and nutbush and macarena

he interrupted every single fucking song

"year 12, this is your DJ _______ speaking, just letting you know that it is 10 to 10, and we will be wrapping up the night in just over an hour with a slower number. In the mean time we have the beatles, aretha franklin, neil diamond, GREASE, the nutbush, macarena, and rick astley COMING UP! Ok boys and girls have a GREAT night!"

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chainsaw:

i wanted to take off my murderously painful shoes and throw them at his head

Last edited:
HSC
holy fuck, YES OUR SCHOOL DOES FAIL!!! especially when it comes to year 12 formals...

biggest failure ever

so i actually got a napkin and a pen, wrote a list of songs down, hopped up on stage and gave it to him

"year 12, this is your DJ _______ speaking, just letting you know that it is 10 to 10, and we will be wrapping up the night in just over an hour with a slower number. In the mean time we have the beatles, aretha franklin, neil diamond, GREASE, the nutbush, macarena, and rick astley COMING UP! Ok boys and girls have a GREAT night!"

i wanted to take off my murderously painful shoes and throw them at his head</SPAN>
hahahaha the best opinion ever read XD

HSC

biggest failure ever

i wanted to take off my murderously painful shoes and throw them at his head
well that was a rather nice way of putting it :rofl: i agree...apart from the fact that i love grease :D but he played greased lightning twice!
yeah he talked way way too much. i think he told us the time about every 10 mintues. and maybe about every 20mintues decided to tell us that "this is the last time you will be together as a group" and that "we were the best year 12 group"
who organised that DJ?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Half the time he would just DJ
The other half he had the trumpet in one hand
I tell you now, it was awesome

Abbiesaurus

HSC
Our schools formal was before the HSC :S
Its kind of pointless as formals are supposed to celebrate finishing the HSC and leaving school. It was still fun though, just would have been more relaxing after the HSC lol.

boganxcore

HSC
im wearing same suit as year 10 formal, im cheap :). but paid $90 for shirt, $50 for tie and got shoes discounted from $140 to $90.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
^ lol

i bought my entire outfit at Jon Kell last sunday for $500.
suit ($349)
shirt ($75)
tie ($35)
shoes ($120)
belt ($70)

which would total $649. i got a special deal for $500 :devil:

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Yeh, the suits can be so expensive.
I paid 600 for mine to be tailor made, and that was just the suit jacket and the pants. It was another 200 on top of that for everything else. The limo was 500 one way, and the formal ticket 100. All up, my formal experience would have been worth around 1.5K! :S Thank God for my parents paying for everything XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)