10 000 Days (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
I was until I heard the single. It fucking sucks.

Considering tool are a band i'd rate among my all-time favourites (aenima album, probably hits the top 5 OAT), this was brutally disappointing. It's the worst of lateralus mixed with shit. The last 30 seconds sound as if they pull their stuff together to make some music, but then it ends.

Pierotte

HSC
nwatts said:
I was until I heard the single. It fucking sucks.

Considering tool are a band i'd rate among my all-time favourites (aenima album, probably hits the top 5 OAT), this was brutally disappointing. It's the worst of lateralus mixed with shit. The last 30 seconds sound as if they pull their stuff together to make some music, but then it ends.
really?

damn...

i havent heard the single yet

Well considering i liked Lateralus more then Aenima i may like it.

Ill wait and see.

nwatts

HSC
Nope it's horseshit. And how can you possibly like lateralus more? I mean, it has its moments, but schism sucks balls as a song, as does everything before it (bar perhaps the grudge). Ticks and leeches is its best, next to parabol/parabola. But aenima is brilliance after brilliance.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Pierotte, its a good song, wouldn't say its their best, but definitely not 'horseshit'.

Its in the same vein as all of their intro songs, long, repetitive and builds up nicely :)

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I'm more of a quiet fan of tool, im not crazy about them but i like their stuff. They've got such a unique sound and as asylum said, they've got that 'build up' factor to their songs. Sometimes i'm just chilling and won't realise that there's music on until like 4 minutes into a song because it just slips into your mind so passively...It's pretty weird and unique in that regard (in a good way of course) :p

that being said, i've heard a bit of this new album and, although i reckon there's a bit of a lack of vocals, the instruments and songwriting is amazing.

nitro.vo

HSC
i cant wait. im not even going to listen to the single before hand, just gonna buy it and lock myself in my room and listen to it without interruptions.

Adam

HSC
Judging the album on one single is like judging a holiday based on the trip to the destination. Or some other crappy analogy.

Just wait for the album, it's an experience, not a bunch of songs stuck together.

Markazzo

HSC
I'm very excited. Lateralus was my favourite album of all time for a long while and still rocks, and I still have a lot of time for Tool.

stamos

sellout
HSC
i thought that one lateralus was too much

apparently tool disagree

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
Tool is a overrated band. Mainly overrated by people at uni who think they are somewhat underground. Just listen to the songs, lol. You wanna think MJK was gifting you some complex, math rock etc etc. Whatever. Get some production skills and a better voice; you can barely hear MJKs voice and when you do it sounds like shit.

Wear the grudge like a crown
Of negativity
Calculate what you will
Will not tolerate
Desperate to control
All and everything
Unable to forgive
Your scarlet letterman

Dicklyrics™

Last edited:

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
haha, yeah did you guys like 'Vicarious'?

i got it when it leaked the other day... it really had the same sort of flow as schism in parts, didnt like it that much ... but the drumming is insane - danny carey = baed motherfucker.

not that i really listen to much tool these days :eek: but i was curious given the huge wait. but it was to be expected from maynard...

pete_mate

HSC
i have the album, leaked like a week ago

its alright, aenima is still my favourite. lateralus isnt as good i reckon

HSC
when i went to see electric wizard, there was a guy in a tool shirt jumping around everywhere like a dickhead until someone punched him in the face. the point of the story is that tool/tool fans suck, and electric wizard rules

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)