<$10 an hour = slave labour ... (1 Viewer)

helloyo

i got my first job about half a year ago at woolworths, and even though its a massive chain the pay is above average. we get payed more then people at grace bros. i'm 17 and get $10.60 currently, with time and a half on sundays, and double and a half on public holidays, so they pay is alright. the work is pretty bad though, no where near maccas standard, but its more work. its constant work, no time to slack off really.

i couldn't get a job anywhere else before, but now that i have at least some experience in a bakery, and on the checkout it should be easier. i'll start applying once i get my car, cos that will expand my options, and hopefully i can get a better job.

1800-gumby

HSC
I don't see the big bitch wait and see how hard it is to get work at medium age if you have no experience or qualifications. I work at kfc and im on $9.60 an hour, i don't mind the work and the people there are all pretty cool so im hapy with it. But I started to realise how well i've got it when i talked to our delivery guy. He works in a team of 3 one guy drives the truck and the other two unload it. He works a 12 hr shift twice a week and he only gets paid for four hours of it cause theres three guys working. He can't legally drive the truck for the length of the shift without a rest brake and he needs helpo for unloading the truck or he wont get it all done in time and he'll lose his contract. His pay works out at about $8 an hour. and hes 30. Now you all think you $7.80 an hour is bad? Consider your self lucky your young enough to be employable and you have the chance of getting a real job instead of meanial labour. Not everyone is lucky enough to get a full education.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
1800-gumby said:
He works a 12 hr shift twice a week and he only gets paid for four hours of it cause theres three guys working. He can't legally drive the truck for the length of the shift without a rest brake and he needs helpo for unloading the truck or he wont get it all done in time and he'll lose his contract. His pay works out at about $8 an hour. and hes 30.
that doesnt sound legal to me...

Last edited:

cyko

HSC
those work conditiosn are quite bad
you sure thats legal?
we may be lucky on an extent ..
but as young entrepreneurs our pay should be based on our skill rather than our age

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)