$10/hr MX1 tutoring from Engineer Grad (1 Viewer)

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
I am offering MX1 tutoring for a rate of $10/hour. I can visit your home or tutor at Sydney University.

I have tutored students regularly since 2014 from: The Scots College, Conservatorium High School, Tempe High School and Malek Fahd Islamic School.

I have the majority of past exam papers, notes as well as books and provide worksheets and work on the strengths and weaknesses of each student.

Feel free to PM me or send me an email message to angesangles@yahoo.com.au

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
Re: $10/hr MX1 tutoring from Qualified Engineer

Why $10 an hour?? So low. You could easily get 25 an hour, and that would still be considered cheap.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

I just want to give this promotion to Bored of Studies members since this forum has been a huge help for me as well, in terms of understanding the subject. I will admit I'm still fairly inexperienced at this level as well but if you put your mind to things, knowledge is a powerful thing. Feel free to take up this offer as it will last until 2015.

One thing you will be guaranteed is, I put in an incredible effort in terms time in understanding the concepts concepts and that's where I guess the uni tutoring has helped me with HSC . I have access to Fitzpatrick, Grove, Lee, Patel, Cambridge textbooks, exam papers from a variety of schools so I have wide exposure to all questions asked.

You can think of it like this, for $10 investment , "I have everything to gain and nothing to lose".

Last edited:

Drsoccerball

HSC

I am offering MX1 tutoring for a rate of $10/hour. I can visit your home or tutor at Sydney University.

I have tutored students regularly since 2014 from: The Scots College, Conservatorium High School, Tempe High School and Malek Fahd Islamic School.

I have the majority of past exam papers, notes as well as books and provide worksheets and work on the strengths and weaknesses of each student.

Feel free to PM me or send me an email message to angesangles@yahoo.com.au
I don't know whether you're joking or not...? You were doing year 9 naplan to test your skills and now you're a qualified engineer? It doesn't add up.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

I don't know whether you're joking or not...? You were doing year 9 naplan to test your skills and now you're a qualified engineer? It doesn't add up.
I'm actually not sure, if I completed a Bachelor of Engineering, does that make me a 'qualified Engineer' ? I did spend a bit of time working in the mines as an Engineer.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A

I'm actually not sure, if I completed a Bachelor of Engineering, does that make me a 'qualified Engineer' ? I did spend a bit of time working in the mines as an Engineer.
Do you still work as an engineer?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

I must admit, I am one of these guys that is all over the place. :confused:
lolwat

not marketing yourself well. Good to see you wanting to help people out though :)

Flop21

HSC
Who cares, he's an engineering grad that wants to tutor and offering a $10 per hour rate.

Pretty good deal IMO. Good luck.

Gumtree is a better way to advertise though, word of mouth is also extremely effective. Tell your parents to tell their friends :D

999bottles

HSC
Great offer David. You're a very hard working guy. I think you'd be a great tutor.

I'm not sure if Drsoccerball is still judging you based on your NAPLAN, but that doesn't really say much. Drsoccerball is probably confused with all that genius mathematics that goes on inside his head (take it easy dude, release one theorem at a time please)

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
I'm an honest guy, I get 29/32 , 30/32 , 31/32 for Yr 9 NAPLAN results. (I didn't quite get the full 100% from 3 attempts from memor) There are always theories you are learning, concepts that get brought up, thats maths. I compile my own notes especially when tutoring university students (currently tutoring 2 x ECON1203 Statistics students at UNSW and an external UNE student) One thing I learnt being a tutor, if your 1% off your game, if you don't know something, you get laughed at , criticized and frowned upon. Teachers are expected to be 'god-like' in their responses.

Last edited:

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Bump to this thread. Just an update, I manage to pick up a student from this forum last year in preparation for the HSC finals for this subject.

Feel free to message me in regards to spots for 2016. Rates and availability can be discussed via private message. (Unfortunately it wont be $10/hour :cool: as I have work commitments and social stuff to balance out.)

Danoraptor

HSC
Uni Grad
If you make your rate so low people are going to assume your services are very low quality. When I tutored software in 1st year uni I charged $45 per hour and had quite a few students. You could easily charge $50+ as an engineering grad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)