• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

10 Units or more for Year 12? What are you doing? (1 Viewer)

HSC
i'm doing 12 units this year. 12 units for yr 12 at the moment since none of my subjects offer extension units, doing great in all subjects in terms of ranking(except chem :( but i am passing) and i don't want to drop chem since i'm already doing tutoring and have just regain interest in the topics. hehehehe.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Jamil, I am now officially jealous.

I'm doing 14 units and I have had no frees for the entire duration of senior school. :( Damn me for being all studious and picking up everything with the word 'extension' in it.

bobby2004

Management
HSC
N/A
I am doing 10 units for the HSC: 2 units, each of:
biology
general maths
standard english
legal studies
economics

DirkGently

10 or 12?

Im doing, most likely 10 units for HSC or yr12. But for now yr 11 im doing 12
Chemistry - I plan on droping Chem....is that wise??
Biology
Advanced English
Modern History
Ancient History
General Maths

bobby2004

Management
HSC
N/A
hey Dirk. If you are planning to do futher science courses in the future that will need chemistry it may be wise to keep that subject. But danger... keep in mind it is the marks that get you into uni. Most people at my school are achieving poor results in chemistry because they choose that subject to be smarties. Don't fall into that trap, especially if you will never need it. I am planning to do medicine next year and the only subject that applies is Biology. This is a subject that i really enjoy because i can relate it back to medicine. And as a resuolt i am coming top of the class. Current score 98%.

Although chemistry is a prerequisit for some medical courses, most are open and are assumed knowledge. Chemistry may also be taught by bridging courses before or during entrence to uni. Finally keep in mind that if you drop a subject to 10 units they must all count towards your final score. I was brave and risked it... and i believe i am achieving higher marks than i would have got if i kept the other 2 units of PDHPE...But anyway it is your decision. Besides, you have more time to study.. Just don't goof off and waste your time- be wise!!!

Hope this helps.Trent

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
i'm dropping chemistry..
that will leave me 11 units.. i'm sure i'll handle this..

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
subs

I am gonna drop business studies

gonna do

Chem
Bio
Phys
Eng(adv)
4U maths (hopefully i won't f up)
SOR1 (easy anyway)

how many units is that?

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
currysauce said:
I am gonna drop business studies

gonna do

Chem
Bio
Phys
Eng(adv)
4U maths (hopefully i won't f up)
SOR1 (easy anyway)

how many units is that?
Exact same as me:):)
exept im still thinkn about doin ext1 eng... and completed 2u of maths (accelled) so ill have half as many classes as yu 4 maths

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I'm keeping 12 units for the HSC, because I know I'll end up screwing up something. I'm doing:

4unit English
Modern History
Society and Culture
Maths
Bio

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I'm doing 10 units for the HSC -

2U Advanced English
1U Extension English 1
2U Advanced Maths
2U Info Tech
2U Modern History
1U Extension History

Old_Sk3wl

HSC
im going my same 12 units in the hsc (maths, chem, physics, adv english, IT and ancient history) that way if i bomb out really badly in one, the mark gets ignored :)

don't fall in the trap of doing more units for HSC, what you have to realise is that only 10 of these units you are doing will be counted towards your uai. SO if you are performing well in your subjects (and i don't mean getting over 50%) then stick with 10 units and spend your time concentrating on those units.

On the other hand, if you don't think you are doing well, then stick with 12 units, 13 max. Trust me,I know, my friend did 14 units for her hsc, she was stuffed. 1 unit subjects are crap, they may scale you up, but don't fall into the trap. In order to be "scaled up" you need to get 49/50 for your assessments. If you can achieve this score, than go for it.

I strongly suggest doing 10 units. Less worries, more concentration on subjects u need!

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
afta??? said:
shut up coroneos
i'm doin 13 ... ... ten n u are stuck in there foreva
15units.....
3U maths
SOR 1
2U adv eng
chem
phys
geog
art + extension (3U)

WOOT... i'm lovin' it.

lunatique56

hey janice, is that counted as 3unit art?! reeli?? But it won't go towards our final art HSC marks right *looks doubtful*?

er...I'm still juggling with my decision whether to do 10, 11 or 12 units. lol. so decisive.
but current, it stands:
3 unit maths
2 adv english
1 ext english
2 physics
2 art

so that's 10. Still need to decide whether I'm capable of 4 unit or not. And dunno whether I should drop design n technology since that would mean I've got two major works and frankly, I'm not a very motivated person.

ho hum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)