for my prelim course, I'm currently doing:
advance english
ext english
mordern history
art
textiles
business
2 unit religion

in yr 11 we had to have 13 units with at least 1 unit of english being compulsory. because i was doing ext english i had to pick up another unit of religion to make up 13 units.

i had always planned that at the end of this term i would drop business, giving me 11 units for yr 12... meaning i would have a subject/ extra unit to fall back on.

Im not failing or doing realli bad in any of my subjects, in fact business has given me really really good marks so far, but thing is i really hate it and find it dull. with english both the advance and ext course are good and im enjoying it but i know i can pull my marks up if i really put in more effort, im going really well in history in regards to marks and everything else is going well.

thing is, now that i really think of my subjects i dont know what i want to drop anymore :S
i know i am DEFINATELY dropping business, but now i also want to drop art, i just dont think that because i want to do the prac i can handle the theory...
instead i was thinking of picking up 4 unit english, which is just a major by itself, i think personally i would be able to handle 4 unit better then theory and prac in art next year... only thing is im still unsure of what i want to do for it... plently of time to think of that tho i guess... :)

but the thing im really not too sure about is weather it would be wise to drop down to the minium units?
i think it would be easier workload but i also dont want to risk doing terrible for one of them and have nothing else to fall back on...

any suggestions?

thanks... :)

js5071

HSC
Re: 10 units :s:S:S:S:S???

i wouldn t suggest minimum units, even if you have that extra one unit that you dont try your best in but attend class do that, and use as a fall back for example, if you do bad in art and you have RE 1 unit as a backup then 1/2 of your Art wont count and it recovers that subject grad.
if you can afford to actually attend class and arent worried about eating into your free's do it. I have 11 Units am in yr 12 and have only just figured out that my Ext 1 maths is a no go like, not gonna happen, its sad, and i wish i could recover it but everone is saying forget it forcus and regain 2 unit. thank god i can do that.
so unless you cant bare to sit in the lessons, even if you attend and do minimal work its better than nothing, but you need be able to attend all lessons. you need a attandance aveage to sit the HSC.

HSC

thanks ;)...

hmm i guess ill see what happen... marks and content wise...

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A

It's really whatever you feel comfortable with. I'd recommend keeping some extra units for a while and if you feel like you can safely drop them, do it. Just because you take up a subject now doesn't mean you have to keep it for the entire year, and it'll give you the chance to see if 4U English is what it's cracked up to be, or if you can handle art, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)