10 Ways to Pass Those Tests ^^ (1 Viewer)

Merforga

I'm bored this morn so i thought might as well make this. It's advice i've gathered from various sources, mixed with my own and I'd say it work for a lot of people. That said here are some tips for staying unstressed and passing those tests! ^^

1) Always revise at least once a week what you have learnt that week (duh).
2) When studying take in chunks of about 1 hour - 2 hours depending on what you're attention span is. Trying to study after that is just pointless(Mines like 1/2 an hour) ^^.
3) When studying never study past 12 at latest. At this time you're brain generally doesn't absorb any more info and it's pretty much pointless.
4) Never study late and then go to sleep straight away. It's always good to have a 1/2 - 1 hour of R&R time after some intensive study to relax the brain. If you go to sleep straight after working your brain, you'll wake up hell tired the next day.
5) If you feel you haven't studied enough, then go to sleep a bit earlier and wake up early to study what you think you need to. Studying in the morn is much more effective than at night because your mind is fresh like a sponge and so can absorb more info ^^.
6) If you start panicking about a test, DONT. You recall information more clearly in the state you were in when you got that information. For example, if you studied while you are in a relaxed, normal everyday state then thats the state you have to be in to recall that information more quickly and effectively.
7) If you're nervous before a test, try this trick. It seems silly but it works wonders =). Close your eyes, spread you're arms out like a bird, tilt your head back and take 10 deep breaths. It helps calms those butterflies in you're stomach ^^.
8) Always have an optimistic approach! With an optimistic approach, you're brain will actually open up more so you can reach that crucial bit of information you might need.
9) Avoid the bitching session before hand. This ussually puts you in the pessimistic mode.
10) BEEEE HAAAAPPPYYY!!! ^_________^

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
11) Eat something light and drink a little bit of water before test, so that you won't feel so hungry!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
My philosophy is to get alot of sleep (which is impossible if you're cramming like into the early hours of the morning). And to eat well. Of course, study beforehand - like weeks before.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
1) Dont consume alcohol prior to the exam.
2) Dont forget that you have an exam when you arrive at school.
3) Always have a spare doctor's certificate when 2) happens.
4) Caffeine does not help your liver.
5) Neither does lots of water.
6) If you find yourself in the situation where you dont know any of the answers, keel over and start shaking.
7) If the above fails, say you were abused by your parents.
8) Don't Forget Your Name.
9) Don't Forget Your Pants.
10) Jumping off a cliff is not entirely recommended as a way to get to school.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Merforga
I'm bored this morn so i thought might as well make this. It's advice i've gathered from various sources, mixed with my own and I'd say it work for a lot of people. That said here are some tips for staying unstressed and passing those tests! ^^

2) When studying take in chunks of about 1 hour - 2 hours depending on what you're attention span is. Trying to study after that is just pointless(Mines like 1/2 an hour) ^^.
3) When studying never study past 12 at latest. At this time you're brain generally doesn't absorb any more info and it's pretty much pointless.
4) Never study late and then go to sleep straight away. It's always good to have a 1/2 - 1 hour of R&R time after some intensive study to relax the brain. If you go to sleep straight after working your brain, you'll wake up hell tired the next day.
5) If you feel you haven't studied enough, then go to sleep a bit earlier and wake up early to study what you think you need to. Studying in the morn is much more effective than at night because your mind is fresh like a sponge and so can absorb more info ^^.
6) If you start panicking about a test, DONT. You recall information more clearly in the state you were in when you got that information. For example, if you studied while you are in a relaxed, normal everyday state then thats the state you have to be in to recall that information more quickly and effectively.
7) If you're nervous before a test, try this trick. It seems silly but it works wonders =). Close your eyes, spread you're arms out like a bird, tilt your head back and take 10 deep breaths. It helps calms those butterflies in you're stomach ^^.
8) Always have an optimistic approach! With an optimistic approach, you're brain will actually open up more so you can reach that crucial bit of information you might need.
9) Avoid the bitching session before hand. This ussually puts you in the pessimistic mode.

i havent read so i dont know whether it has been asid but ... study! and listen in class that helps soooooo much.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A

lol so if you study when you are heaps stressed, you can stress youself up before the exam. hmmmm

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Merforga

number 10 is impossible when u are aiming to do numbers 1-9! :p

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^^ haha ... so true though MAYBE someone could make up a thread about how to be happy? like maybe i dunno there is something you can read and just be happy.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
AsyLum Im just wondering how you discovered number 9 the rest I could see, (except maybe 10) but 9 is just wrong...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Xayma
AsyLum Im just wondering how you discovered number 9 the rest I could see, (except maybe 10) but 9 is just wrong...
see number 1

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum
1) Dont consume alcohol prior to the exam.
2) Dont forget that you have an exam when you arrive at school.
3) Always have a spare doctor's certificate when 2) happens.
4) Caffeine does not help your liver.
5) Neither does lots of water.
6) If you find yourself in the situation where you dont know any of the answers, keel over and start shaking.
7) If the above fails, say you were abused by your parents.
8) Don't Forget Your Name.
9) Don't Forget Your Pants.
10) Jumping off a cliff is not entirely recommended as a way to get to school.
this is coming from a person who's a BA :p :p :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
this is coming from a person who's a BA :p :p :p
this is coming from someone who goes to a speshal school :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
My philosophy is to get alot of sleep (which is impossible if you're cramming like into the early hours of the morning). And to eat well. Of course, study beforehand - like weeks before.
my philosophy is the other way around- cram like hell and start drinking V. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)