100% success in English, this is 4 real (1 Viewer)

Futuristic

This year Inaburra High School in Sydney's Sutherland Shire has added a Literature Festival featuring HSC and other famous authors to assist students with HSC preparation.

Speakers will include: Melina Marchetta (Looking for Alibrandi), Les Murray, John Misto (Shoehorn Sonata), Peter Skrzynecki, Shakespeare expert Dr Wendy Michaels, Stephen measday, children's authors Kim Gamble and Anna Fienberg and humourist John Larkin.

Tickets to attend part or all of the literature festival are only $15 (this is damn cheap compared to those lectures you can go to in the city that feature experts like these). This is a purely non-profit event that is being held for our benefits only.

Call John Wallace on 9543 2533 for tickets or email me for some more info.

eagle4

HSC
N/A
it would be benificial in the way that these speekers are the ones our test is gunna be on:rolleyes:

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
No, not really. Our exam isn't really gonna be on THEM. It's more on their texts and how they show either Changing Perspectives, Changing Self, and Changing Worlds... and etc

But it would be interesting. I'm just not sure how they can help us.

Would they talk about their own texts?

Futuristic

One of the benefits of this day is that the authors listed will be talking about HOW to write about change using their texts. Even though the speaker may not be making specific references to the texts you may be studying, the fact is that everyone will be writing about change in the exam and this makes this applicable for everyone, becasue we all need to know HOW to write about change.

Anyway, most of the texts studied for the HSC will have some expert speaking about it on the day. Just check the list that i posted above and see which speakers are speaking about ur particular texts.

Futuristic

This event will be held from the 30th till the 31st of August. 1 ticket gives u a pass to both days.

chosen_one

how far is this away from liverpool particuarly miller, id really like some more info on this :)
so if you could email me or summin (i always loose websites with my bloody favourites list being so full) id be happy

email addy=
roberty1@iprimus.com.au

eagle4

HSC
N/A
hey i couldnt get to that day, i was wondering if anyone who got(or took) notes couldyou please post them on this site, as it would be useful to know what the authors thing of their own stuff. thanks

eagle4:cool:

Winston

HSC
yeah same me!!!
i would like the notes if ppl dont mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)