100 uai....impossible? (1 Viewer)

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
ok, i'm either really ambitious or really wasting my time..
these are marks and ranks so far in the year
biology 97% - 1/6
chemistry 91% - 1/2
physics 93% - 1/5
adv english 93% 1/8
SOR 2 93% 1/5
(small yr 12)
if i continue the way i am going and can replicate these marks in hsc... is 100 impossible...
thanx in advance guys

Twintip

100 is impossible because you go Bio and SOR and they have to count. The UAC don't treat these too kindly when it comes to scaling, and because the number of people doing each subject is so small I wouldn't expect 98+ (your ranks aren't as helpful when only a few people are doing the subject), although you may be entirely capable of getting it (again, because of the small year no one can really tell).

I would be surprised to see anyone with a 100UAI have bio or SOR counted in their best 10 units, let alone both of them. Sorry, just calling it as I see it. Who needs 100 anyway? It's no different from 99.6 for what you'll need to use it for. :)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by equinoxinc
ok, i'm either really ambitious or really wasting my time..
these are marks and ranks so far in the year
biology 97% - 1/6
chemistry 91% - 1/2
physics 93% - 1/5
adv english 93% 1/8
SOR 2 93% 1/5
(small yr 12)
if i continue the way i am going and can replicate these marks in hsc... is 100 impossible...
thanx in advance guys
which skool do u go to?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It's not impossible. Whilst one or two of your courses might only have average scaling, if you perform well in them (near the top of the candidature) they won't pull you down anyway.

Your assessment ranks (and marks) have put you in the prime position.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Lets put it in perspective.

Approx 14 out of 65 000+ students get a UAI of 100. I don't think anyone can expect a UAI of 100. Thats just setting yourself up for disappointment. Pointing to the abovementioned statistic, I would say you are not going to get a UAI of 100.

Twintip

Yeah, that's all I was getting at before, and that...
Originally posted by Twintip
I would be surprised to see anyone with a 100 UAI have bio or SOR counted in their best 10 units, let alone both of them.

bobo123

HSC
GOODLUCK!

hope you prove us wrong so BOS gets its first(?) 100 uai member :D

bobo123

HSC
do we also get our share of 30s 40s and 50s?

i know i will be one of them :D

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
We've had members who came to the BOS site get a UAI of 100, but none that we know of who post on the forums.
Isn't this hinting at something...?

Don't bludge on the BoS forums if you want to get a UAI of 100!

Maybe.

< Disclaimer >

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I think last year, the average UAI from the 02'ers that posted on BOS was in the 90's...if anyone can be bothered to figure it out, go thru the 2002 UAI's thread

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I have a spreadsheet of the results that were mailed in to us... the average was 93.95.

It excludes students who didn't provide their HSC marks as well, though.

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
well these replies hav certainly been an eye opener...
basically i THINK i can replicate these results... if i continue the way i am...
and from the indication that the 2003 uaiseeker reverse edition (estimate..not accurate) has given me..i am basically on track to minimum 98 uai
um i go to mccarthy catholic college... private school out in emu plains
i hav no idea how well it is ranked amoung other schools... last year our dux got 97.5 as a uai if thats any indication..
its a really big school with 1000+ kids..its only yr 12 which is small..becuase we are the last yr 12 to pass through before the yr7-12 school system was implimented.. which sux
so we only hav 40 :)
oh well..
thanx for all ur help guys...
and good luck to everyone
seeyas :D

kass

HSC
Just out of curiosity, is the mark of your dux's from previous years, a good indication of how well your school is going? What about the number of people who get over 90 in a given subject or stuff like that?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by kass
is the mark of your dux's from previous years, a good indication of how well your school is going? What about the number of people who get over 90 in a given subject or stuff like that?
I don't think so (answering both questions).

I would be more inclined to look at the proportion of students attaining UAIs in a specific range (e.g. 90+). UAI trends are generally less ephemeral (and hence more indicative) than subject trends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)