100 uai (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
jaaaaay said:
true, but you gotta admit... students at james ruse just tend to have a better set up for that 'perfect uai' *sigh*
Better teachers, maybe?
Wait, I mean, 'better teachers, no doubt'.
Oh yeah, better study environment, better facilities, and generally better.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
jaaaaay said:
true, but you gotta admit... students at james ruse just tend to have a better set up for that 'perfect uai' *sigh*
true, but also..
the fact that they got into james ruse shows they have that 'calibre' - that personal capacity to actually achieve those results.

i think those same students in a normal school would also have done exceedingly well in most cases

i think its all down to the student =)

tezza6189

professional time waster
HSC
jaaaaay said:
the reason for that is because James Ruse is so selective that they don't take in any students who they dont consider having the potential of getting a UAI of 95+. as for the better set-up - I agree, because if you're surrounded by super smart people all the time, I guess you're sort of more motivated to work really hard and achieve a great result.

jaaaaay

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Better teachers, maybe?
Lucid Scintilla said:
Wait, I mean, 'better teachers, no doubt'.
Oh yeah, better study environment, better facilities, and generally better.
actually, i strongly disagree.

selective school teachers are often worse than those at normal public schools. (i'm extremely lucky to have two good teachers) it’s the students that get selected; not the teachers. most students have to rely heavily on tutoring or their own study to get good grades. the teachers are just there to ‘supervise’ us most of the time.
of course, this is obviously not the case for every teacher, just saying generally selective school teachers aren’t that much better than your average public school. so i wouldn’t say ruse has better teachers…!

-pari- said:
true, but also..
-pari- said:
the fact that they got into james ruse shows they have that 'calibre' - that personal capacity to actually achieve those results.

i think those same students in a normal school would also have done exceedingly well in most cases

i think its all down to the student =)
of course it comes down to the student themselves… but in that kind of motivating environment, they just tend to be pushed to do better…

tezza6189 said:
the reason for that is because James Ruse is so selective that they don't take in any students who they dont consider having the potential of getting a UAI of 95+. as for the better set-up - I agree, because if you're surrounded by super smart people all the time, I guess you're sort of more motivated to work really hard and achieve a great result.
yea… all my friends are super smart...
if i get a shit mark… they’ll purposely wave around a ninety something result… it’s depressing at times, but i gotta admit it motivates me to try harder, to try and match their results!

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
jaaaaay said:
yea… all my friends are super smart...
if i get a shit mark… they’ll purposely wave around a ninety something result… it’s depressing at times, but i gotta admit it motivates me to try harder, to try and match their results!
Yeah i got a guy like that. Reckons he's the best at everything.

But i'll beat him. No matter how hard i gotta work. I know how you feel, it really ticks me off when people do that, especially when this guy goes "oooh! OOOOH! OOOOOH!". Then i feel like smashing him his face in.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
THANK YOU FOR DELETING MY POST MODS.

I;m the same as you S1MO, there is one guy in my year who doesn't know the meaning of humble.. sucks really.

jaaaaay

HSC
S1M0 said:
Yeah i got a guy like that. Reckons he's the best at everything.

But i'll beat him. No matter how hard i gotta work. I know how you feel, it really ticks me off when people do that, especially when this guy goes "oooh! OOOOH! OOOOOH!". Then i feel like smashing him his face in.
haha... no need to get physical, just own him in the next exam xD

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
jaaaaay said:
haha... no need to get physical, just own him in the next exam xD
Easier said than done, but its possible.

Wish me luck :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
S1M0 said:
You'll beat him :) Just take a photo of his expression when he gets smashed in the face by you :p

Season

HSC
Those sorts of people get really pissed off if a humble person beats them, its absolutely hilarious. They'll mumble about how it was a stupid test and make excuses about it then pay out the person who beat them.

Sooo good.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
I used to gloat about marks. Now I try to be humble. It's almost impossible.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Kujah said:
You'll beat him :) Just take a photo of his expression when he gets smashed in the face by you :p
Haha. I will :D

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Season said:
Those sorts of people get really pissed off if a humble person beats them, its absolutely hilarious. They'll mumble about how it was a stupid test and make excuses about it then pay out the person who beat them.

Sooo good.
Well, people do consider me "humble" (i don't gloat or show off or anything), and its kinda true.

Does anyone got people in their school who always tries to bring others down? That is, they say their better, they're smarter, they say they can't do it, etc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)