101.7 (1 Viewer)

berghousemaa

HSC
For the few people here who probably listen to the greatest station in Australia, are you as pissed off as I am that they are playing this late 90's soft rock. Matchbox 20 and that terrible Drops of Jupiter song etc.

berghousemaa

HSC
I really don't understand it.60's,70's and 80's is a massive time frame yet they really only represent a fraction of the good stuff. Hardly and Led Zep, The Who, Hendrix, Kinks, Yardbirds etc etc etc. I mean they played the first Moody Blues song (bar Nights in White Satin) the other day and that was only because they're touring.
On thta note,tickets goingon sale tomorrow, I'm probably gonna go.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
its true that station could be alot better

i mean when i see their commercials on tv they proclaim britney spears and jessica simpson songs with the title "classic hits"

its just plain insulting

berghousemaa

HSC
It's funny when they run a greatest hits programspecial and heaps of the songs aren't even on their normal playlist.
Still, the ststion's been fixed on my CD player since yr 8

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
My old work used to play that station and is it just me or does 101.7 constantly cycle from a playlist of about 20 songs, 99% of them being crap like Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits and Girls on the Avenue by Richard Clapton?

D.Larie

yeah, it plays the same old songs over and over again.

Mostly white-males songs.
'Just Another Brick In The Wall'
'You Can Leave Your Hat On'
'We Are The Champions'

blah blah blah
I used to like it. I mean, 'old' music is better than 90% of what we got today. But c'mon, there are HEAPS of songs in the 60s 70s and 80s. It wouldn't hurt them to play some Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Housten.

I usually just like hearing the Saturday Night Jukebox. :p

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah it's very repetive but hey, i am listening to it now

go Paul Kelly

berghousemaa

HSC
bowman said:
yeah it's very repetive but hey, i am listening to it now

go Paul Kelly
How good is To Her Door.
Australia's answer to John Mellencamp.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
I agree their playlist is verrry repetitive... But they have started working in some more songs...

Saturday Night Party mix is the best!!!:D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I listen to 101.7 occasionally. I like the old stuff like Bob Dylan and Led Zep (which they DO play but not often form what I hear) but I also like the new "yuppie" sort of "rock" like matchbox 20 and Train. Best fo both worlds for me i guess :D yay

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
They never play any decent Dylan songs. Youll occassionally hear a shortened version of Hurricane and Blowin' in the Wind but never anything else really.

berghousemaa

HSC
I find that instead of focussing on the classic rock they focus more on the poppy 80's which I love as well but they ahve got the wrong balence.

Too much INXS and 10cc and not enough CCR and Doors.
One thing i'll give em credit for is their representation of Oz music which is basically perfect. Perfect would be playing Yesterday's Hero by John Paul Young once a day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)