13 units vs 11 units (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi,
I am currently doing 13 units this year and am thinking of dropping one subject next year. My subjects are 3U maths, 2U maths, Economics, Chemistry, Physics and Software. I am thinking of dropping either Physics or SDD next year which will leave me with 11 units.
In that case, would Maths Ext 1 count towards the UAI or not? Or should I pick up 4U maths. (average for 3 unit is 64%).

Also, what difference would it make beetween doing 11 vs 13 units?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I get more breaks and less workload with an 11 unit loading compared with a 13 unit loading.
Maths Ext. 1 didn't count for me because the mark was the lowest out of all.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Yup it would.

I've heard that your mark would then be doubled and then counted like a normal 2U subject. So for example, lets just say you got 40/50 for your HSC mark in 3U Maths, then because you did better in it that say Software, it gets doubled to 80/100 and there's your mark.

HSC
they count your BEST eight units then two of english, so in the above situation, yes, extension 1 would be counted.

EDIT: Oops, without wings beat me to it.

as for 13 units v 11 units. with 13 units, you're doing three units that ultimately aren't going to go toward your UAI (so even though it won't count you'll still have all the homework and assessments to contend with). with 11 units, you have an extra unit for backup, just in case you don't do well in one of your exams.

if you're confident in your subjects, then it's probably better to drop, if not, you can keep 13 as a safety blanket (or 11 as safetyy blanket works alright too).

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm guessing 13 Units would probably mean one more subject (unless we're talking about extensions). But it means less free periods, and more stuff to study for.

bored of sc

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
I've heard that your mark would then be doubled and then counted like a normal 2U subject. So for example, lets just say you got 40/50 for your HSC mark in 3U Maths, then because you did better in it that say Software, it gets doubled to 80/100 and there's your mark.
No (I don't think). If you do 3-unit maths, the extension 1 part can only count as 1 unit i.e. stays as 40/50 (1 unit being /50) in your UAI since you studied it as 1 unit for your HSC.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
bored of sc said:
No (I don't think). If you do 3-unit maths, the extension 1 part can only count as 1 unit i.e. stays as 40/50 (1 unit being /50) in your UAI since you studied it as 1 unit for your HSC.
wow really? I don't know, but that's what I heard from my Maths teacher :read:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)