• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

1st, 2nd, 3rd year UWS students (1 Viewer)

MeL8

Ret Test, has about 70 multiple chocie questions, based on general knowledge then theres 2 extented response questions... basic... and wen u pay u get a sample paper in the mail prior to the exam...:)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
i heard that ipt scales very low in the hsc. is this true

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by gadbil
i heard that ipt scales very low in the hsc. is this true
For most of the time, yes. Unless you can get yourself into the top end of the bell curve. :)

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
For most of the time, yes. Unless you can get yourself into the top end of the bell curve. :)
put it this way...

a 90 in IPT will probably equal 80 in economics

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by klh
What is this portfolio thingy?
someone care to explain?
it use to be an alternative entry thing that gave extra points to ur uai for entry to uws courses....

its no longer used

now theres just RET

poodle

thanks eevryone! hopefully ill go well in it...an although uws is the farthest university from my house, i dont have a problem going there...a uni is a uni, and its better to get into the course u want to do instead of doin some shit course in another uni just to go there..... thhanks again

JMP

My BF did RET a few years ago to get into UWS, from what I remember RET is only accepted if you are not eligable for a UAI, that is if you don't meet the Board of Studies requirements for a UAI by not taking the correct combination of subjects.

RET can not be used if you got a UAI but it was crap. If you get a crap UAI then you will need to go to TAFE or something and do well and apply.

The RET exam is exactly the same as the STAT exam and heaps of uni's accept STAT for entry. There are restrictions on both RET and STAT.

Your best option to find the information you require is to contact the university.

santaslayer

HSC
RET is also available to students who gained a UAI. It's just usually used by people who get a higher score in the RET test than their UAI.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
I did RET for UWS... its pretty shit... ur uai ends up being higher than ur RET score.... seriously only do it if ur rankings are in the bottom 60%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)