1st and second football code (1 Viewer)

Benno

HSC
so what is everyones first football code the one they grew up with as a child supporting your team through the good times and the bad. mine is AFL. made in Australia

but what is everyones second code the one they take interest in every now and then? for me it would be rugby Union i would say it does have out most well known international team after all...

Benno

HSC
and what code would u follow hotshot?

something that wouldn't need brains or skill i bet

Robbo_m8

AFL has to be the best football. Easily - fast flowing and highlights (as long as its not the swans playing). Union and League dont have enough skill im sorry to say. I'm sick and tired of Rugby people and their old "Gay-FL" taunt. Sorry - but that would have to be old. You cant seriously say that AFL is soft - id actually say its tougher than league in many ways. In league u've got people tackling you most of the time front on, but in AFL you have people coming from all directions, with hard bumps. Also constant man-to-man physicality. Soccer is alright - bit slow at times, and too low scoring for my liking. Also all the soft dives are really annoying.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
1. Football...this is the best by far!
2. Rugby League
3. Rugby Union
4. AFL
Yup
But I watch AFL too, although not a lot now after watchin so many borin Swanz gamez.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Robbo_m8 said:
Soccer is alright - bit slow at times, and too low scoring for my liking. Also all the soft dives are really annoying.

The skill required in scoring a goal in football is incredible though, especially at a high level. Some games get a bit slow, granted but mostly the tactical aspect of the game is intriguing even in the slower paced football matches. Also anyone who's played football in a competitive environment will tell you it is a very physical game, and incredibly draining on the body.

Crazy Horse

HSC
1. Football
2. Futsal (very close to no. 1)

3. League
4. AFL
5. Union.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
id go

1) Football
2) Union
3) AFL/League.....i dnt mind these sports, but my heart is more with the 2 above

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Robbo_m8 said:
AFL has to be the best football. Easily - fast flowing and highlights (as long as its not the swans playing). Union and League dont have enough skill im sorry to say. I'm sick and tired of Rugby people and their old "Gay-FL" taunt. Sorry - but that would have to be old. You cant seriously say that AFL is soft - id actually say its tougher than league in many ways. In league u've got people tackling you most of the time front on, but in AFL you have people coming from all directions, with hard bumps. Also constant man-to-man physicality. Soccer is alright - bit slow at times, and too low scoring for my liking. Also all the soft dives are really annoying.
Exactly. You only have to look at the crowds - 60,000+ every game in melbourne, rivalled only at broncos games in brisbane. Any other nrl game gets <20,000. The crowds in the rugby codes are less passionate, intense and present.
Dont judge an afl game that includes the swans. They play boring, negative unattractive football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)