2.5 Below the desired cut-off, can I still get in? (1 Viewer)

millersky

HSC
Hey everyone. I got 72.65 atar, and to get into my desired IT courses I need 75.00 or 75.15.

Do I have a chance in receiving an offer in one of the later rounds? (like end of January and start of February).

Thanks for help.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The cut-offs for this year have not been determined yet. You can't currently say whether you are below the cut-off.

millersky

HSC
It says "projected 2013 cut-off", means it can be higher or lower then?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It says "projected 2013 cut-off", means it can be higher or lower then?
Correct.

It's projected for this year only because demand generally doesn't fluctuate too dramatically nor does the supply of positions.

uac.aplcnt

HSC
What you mean end of Jan/start of february? UAC is kinda a little confusing now..they changed there offer round 'names' or whatever...but I think its back to what they use to call it. Which is now..i.e. Early round, then MAIN ROUND, then Late-round and Final round offers...

I assume you mean Late/final rounds...therefore

I can give two tips:

1. When the main-round offers are given to students/non-students..The UAC will release the most up-to-date Main round cut-offs for 2013 on there website somewhere.. this will be the cut-offs for next years admission to 2014. However this ALSO I believe will be the cut-off GUIDE for people applying for the late-round of offers who may/may not receive an offer in the main round..You should use this I believe to get a CRYSTAL CLEAR picture of whether you will receieve an offer in the later rounds (i.e. late/final round) after the main rounds have been released.

It will also show where there are V Vacancies and where there are not.. and will show increases/decreases in the UAI/ATAR cut-off score after all offfers have been recieved.

2. Usually in the late round, ATAR/UAI's seem to MOSTLY increase for most degrees, but some will decrease..either a little bit or dramatically..so I dont think you will get an offer....maybe you should've applied for EA Scheme from UAC? Or..if your school comes from a PSFP (Priority school funding) programmed school..then you might automatically receive a few points extra automatically (Which is new)...about 3 or something or 5 through the EAS scheme from UAC..

Thats all I can say...call UAC or the University up and you also can asks them your "Chances" of getting into a particular program.

:trollface :bosman::spam:

funstudy

HSC
Probably not...ATARS will GENERALLY stay the same, around that 75 mark. Having said that, if your course offers HSC Plus, or if you have bonus points from other schemes, you may be able to get in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)