2 contrasting pieces for guitar (1 Viewer)

redshift

HSC
I need 2 songs that are very easy to play on guitar and it can't be smoke on the water.

Im lookin for anything that tries to escape using the bottom 3 strings and only require a maxium of 2 frets being touched to make a sound.

Its due thursday so if anyone could suggest something in tab because i havnt learnt chords properly yet it WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

CHeers.

redshift

HSC
Lol i came here basically because i was looking for a forum to discuss this sorta stuff :p.

I found polly by nirvana. I need a contrasting piece

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
i did not quite know what you meant by 'touching 2 frets' but Idiot Box by Incubus only uses about 4 power chords in the riff, and it is very simple, considering i can play it...lol

HSC
Lizst's transcriptions of the beethoven symphonies are really easy on guitar, the transcription from piano really works -

it goes like this: a||| || | | b ||| |||a CHORUS VERSE CHORUS tutti CODA (on the 3rd string - frets can be looked up in Bach's explication of musical symbols

The grand cromatic gallop, also by Lizst, is surprisingly simple on guitar. You'd think other wise, but in fact its really just the same note (e) played over and over and over and over CHORUS VERSE.

Or you could do a well known theme by Mozart, to which he wrote varations (dont play the variations). I forget the name of the theme, the words go 'twinkle twinkle something star" i think its called "the star that twinkled".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)