2 Possible Civ. Eng. Timetables - Poll (1 Viewer)

Which option?

• Option 1

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Option 2

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I've found 2 timetables which are great for me at the moment - i'd like your opinions on it. Preferably from 07'ers or older because you guys have experience.

OPTION 1

OPTION 2

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
Neither are ideal, but that depends on you as a person. Do you think you can handle a day of classes 9am to 6pm with one break?

erm

HSC
I'm in the same situation - wondering whether i should cram it in 4 days or spread it over 5.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Neither are ideal, but that depends on you as a person. Do you think you can handle a day of classes 9am to 6pm with one break?
Considering it's engineering I'm at Uni for quite a long time.

Depends, if i have my laptop and psp or what not with me i think i'd be able to handle the long lectures.

i can jsut leave midway though can't i?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
of course, leave early, come late, leave for shit then come back later, watever. no one cares.

just dont do this in tutes.

u can eat in lectures too, no one cares

erm

HSC
Hey tommykins, I'm interested as to why you haven't chosen higher maths or physics? (you seem to be very good at those subjects from what I could gather around these forums). Sorry to be offtopic

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Hey tommykins, I'm interested as to why you haven't chosen higher maths or physics? (you seem to be very good at those subjects from what I could gather around these forums). Sorry to be offtopic
cbf'd.

engineering is enough comittment as it is, i don't wanna stress myself out.

i did the COLA thing and it highyl reccomended higher math and physics thoug h:p

sunny

meh.
HSC
The year I did higher physics 1A the class average for the mid session was 35% :lol:

Things have probably changed since then though.

sl123

HSC
ENGG1811 hmm.

Seeing as it is an acceptable alternative to COMP1911, would this be a more suitable option?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
if ur degree requires comp1911 then it must be done. comp1911 involves C programming, whereas engg1811 involves VBA. If ur doing a mechatronic, or computing degree, then 1911 is required, if its not needed then u shouldnt bother.

Warning, its a hard subject, i had no previous programming experience and i only scraped a pass in 1911, 54 PS, if u have programmed in C before then u can do it if u want, but if its not required then ur better off doing the easier option, 1811.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: 2 Possible Civ. Eng. Timetables - Poll

I've found 2 timetables which are great for me at the moment - i'd like your opinions on it. Preferably from 07'ers or older because you guys have experience.

OPTION 1

OPTION 2
My friend pulled off something similar to the OPTION2 timetable.
She liked it because it gives her a day off and for session 2 she had no choice but to take 5 days.

If transport is not an issue then proceed with timetable 2.

The year I did higher physics 1A the class average for the mid session was 35% :lol:

Things have probably changed since then though.

Back in 2008 percentages of mid-session averages were around the 40ish.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: 2 Possible Civ. Eng. Timetables - Poll

Option 1. In my first semester I had a 2pm to 9pm timetable on tuesdays, no breaks. It was quite ridiculous in practice for me. Having the day off was not worth it. I'd stick with the spread out timetable.

locstoc272

HSC
Sorry for not starting a new thread, but what are the advantages of doing higher maths + physics? which branches of engineering are they intended for?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
you do higher phys and math if you're interested in enhancing your knowledge of the field, and they do give you scaling bonuses.

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
Sorry for not starting a new thread, but what are the advantages of doing higher maths + physics? which branches of engineering are they intended for?
Well Elec/Telecom have to do PHYS1231 but not PHYS1131 but I did both higher phys and math in first session and yes do them if you like maths and don't mind doing extra tute questions thats all.

ENGG1811 hmm.
Seeing as it is an acceptable alternative to COMP1911, would this be a more suitable option?
Im guessing that since you are doing civil you don't care about computing, so there's no point doing 1911. =D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)