2002 UAI's (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by PRSOV
I only got a UAI of 99.95...Damn it...I cant get into any of the courses I wanted to do now :(
WTF!!!!!
Are you sure thats not a typo?!?!?!
What freggin courses can't you get into with a UAI like that!?!?

Btw- People whose UAI estimates were close to their actual UAI
results, how did you input them in lazseeker? Did you do it by
percentiles or aligned marks?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
...I think that comment may have been a joke. :)

LazSeeker turned out to be far more accurate when used with percentiles.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Do you think that even after the estimates in the UAI/HSC Marks threads everybody seemed to have a higher UAI because the estimates were inaccurate and conservative? Or was it spot on?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Most students who attempted to use the program to predict their UAI in 2002 insisted on, rather sadly, doing it via marks. As many of the aligned mark distributions for the 2002 HSC were left-skewed, higher aligned marks were needed in 2002 than those that were needed in 2001 to obtain the corresponding UAI. The estimates provided by the program, which calculated 2001 UAIs, were therefore lower than the 2002 UAIs.

Those proactive students who took it upon themselves to estimate their percentiles ended up with much closer predictions.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Oh no. I mean the prediction threads in the UAI/HSC Marks section last year where the estimates were based on school assessment results. Were people generally disappointed with their UAIs after receiving a prediction assuming no one used Lazseeker?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Ah. To be honest, I can't remember - there weren't nearly as many prediction threads last year.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
My own estimate from LazSeeker based on percentile after results were only off by 0.25...

Were people disappointed? I'll say there were as many people disappointed as their were completely shocked (happy).

schwang_thang

yeah lazseeker was pretty accurate...i used percentiles n it came up w. higher 96, i ended up w 97.50.

however that was only after i got my hsc marks n used the released statistics...prior to that i had absolutely no idea wat percentile bracket i was in

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by deyveed
What rank would the 'average' school be?
Email me and I'll work it out when I have some time.

wow... high 80's would be nice for me... early 90's would be great... then i can get into forensics! good luck to everybody doing the HSC this year! Hopefully, you wont have good luck, and according to my "HSC Screw-Up Seeker" 76.25% of the state are going to become extreemly sexually frustrated just before the English exam, thus ensuring that sexual acts in the "multiple" kind will take place, and like a chain reaction, will lead the rest of the state to oblivion with the Uai rankings... while i sit in my dark den and play with my...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Cyph
reckon this thread should be locked when 2003 UAIs come out ?
Yes.

And have "2003 UAI's". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)