2003 Hsc Exam (1 Viewer)

lozzipops_87

HSC
i have a couple of questions.
1) Explain why older people experience different levels of health to other populations groups in australia: its worth 6 marks, i wrote about how they have different levels of health because of their ageing bodies and how the prevalence of disease in old ppl is higher. i also said they are more likely to suffer arthritis etc.. but is that enough? the marking guidelines said u have to say WHY they experience diff levels of health but isbnt that juet because their old?

2)what are the ethics of drug testing?? i have done mutiple questions on this topic in assessments and stuff and am still not 100 percent sure.

any help would be greatly apprectiated. thanx

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
a) as a result of the ageing process, functional capacity of the body decreases. This is a result of disuse, medical conditions and normal 'wear and tear'

Heart conditions- As age increases, cardiac efficiency decreases, which limits the bodys ability to carry oxygen around the body.
The heart is weaker, blood vessels are narrowed and less elastic and BP increases.
Lungs are less elastic which makes breathing harder.

Fractures and bone density- They are more likely to suffer fractures due to decrease bone density ad bones being more brittle.
Stress fractures are more likely to occur in athletes with lower calcium levels.

Flexibility and Joint Mobility- This will always decrease with age because of a loss of elasticity in tendons, ligaments and muscles.
Regular,gentle and slow stretching should be carried out to maintain full ROM.
Swimming is the best for this.

thats just basics off the top of my head but if you expand on those i think thats kind of on the track.

b) i think its just that it makes sport fairer, safer and more even competition. Its not really testing someones real ability if they are using inhancing drugs. I'm not sure exactly what else for that question, i'll get back to.

Withoutwings would know hehe :) i tried..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)