2003 Papers. (1 Viewer)

ND

HSC
Do any of you guys still have last year's ACST151 and/or STAT171 papers? I'll pay $$ for them.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
can you post the questions/style of questions that were in them? stat171 in particular :D

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
no coz den i'll fail my exams

final stat171 exam is like ur tute questions and midsems. only tests basic concepts.

acst151 final exam is hard. but it gets scaled.

comp115 is too easy. so they scale it down. ur mark is crap even if u kill exam and think u couldnt have gotten anything wrong

flamin'

How do you know they scale the raw marks? This isn't the HSC so you don't know for sure they scale crap...

I know for a fact that for comp115 (friend emailed lecturer and asked), they didnt' scale it down - they just readjusted the weightings of the assessments.

Everyone always talks about scaled subjects in uni... but noone has any proper proof that it does happen. At least the HSC had proof =P

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
lol, you've just successfully disproved what the person above and i have tried to convince everyone of =p

ND

HSC
Originally posted by flamin'

I know for a fact that for comp115 (friend emailed lecturer and asked), they didnt' scale it down - they just readjusted the weightings of the assessments.
Hmmm how do they go about reweighting the assessments? Isn't that kinda unfair? The weightings given in the unit outline should be the actual weightings.

flamin'

Originally posted by ND
Hmmm how do they go about reweighting the assessments? Isn't that kinda unfair? The weightings given in the unit outline should be the actual weightings.
Yea but there are ways around it. For ACCG253 mid semester, they said it was going to be worth UP TO 30% - not necessarily 30%... So sometimes they cover themselves.

And also, for ACCG100 or whatever, we had Ed Extreme which was worth 10% or something and the summer school lecturer said they didn't even end up using the Ed Extreme marks in the final assessment.

Lecturers can do whatever they want really....

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ND
Isn't that kinda unfair? The weightings given in the unit outline should be the actual weightings.
Yes, and yes. But I guess, if you do well it's alright =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)