2003 UAIs (1 Viewer)

Numero Uno

HSC
Originally posted by Keith_N
I don't think the UAI you get really counts to anything but the thing it was designed to do. Rank us for the universities. If it counted for anything more than that they would take every single one of our units instead of our F*@#ed up English marks and our best 8 units.
I got a high enough UAI to get into what I want to do.
Why brag about something as bloody superfluous as a UAI over 90 if you only need 78 or 80.
The UAI allows those who have a limited number of units with good ranks to overtake those with excess units with a consistently high mark. If every mark and rank everyone got was averaged out and then used to calculate their UAI wouldn't that be far more fair on those with their excess units.

My marks were
*Adv Eng 68
Engineering Studies 80
*Maths ext 1 86
*Maths Ext 2 71
SDD 76
*Physics 76
*Chemistry 78

* Used in UAI
Wut course are u doing ?
And for wut Uni ?

PRSOV

Keith, Some uni courses actually require UAIs in the high 90s!

99.35 was a nice present after just recovering from a car accident on schoolies :(

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
I got 85.85. Pretty stoked since I don't even want to go to Uni.

My plan is to take a year off, work, travel and then study audio engineering.

Last edited:

woohohoohoo

captain oblivious
HSC
i got 69.03. wooooooop. tis quite bad, but whos givin a shit, hooray for early entry! most my friends got like 30s or 40s or 50s! but i gues none of us were the crazy study types.. but we tried.. and the people who wanted to go to uni got in thru early entry ! :)

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Keith_N
"If every mark and rank everyone got was averaged out and then used to calculate their UAI wouldn't that be far more fair on those with their excess units."
lol.. er .. that wouldn't help anything at all... and would probably disadvantage the people with excess units even more :)

ie if they got 20 in physics and didn't count it in their top 10... but in your average thingy they'd get fucked on

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
I got 90.15 and I am extremely happy! Hopefully enough to get me into the course I want :)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
good on you woohohoohoo! theres nothing wrong with a low uai. i bet you enjoyed year 12 and didnt study every waking hour.

i got less than that and im earning more money than my friends will get when they leave uni anyway...

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
congratulations on those ppl who got a good uai regardless of going to a selective or non-government school!!

inasero

Reborn
HSC
I got 98 for Music 1, and the person who came first in this course got 99. Today, out of interest, I visited the BOS website and found that I was ranked 6th in the state for this course, not 2nd. Does this mean that ppl who came 2nd, 3rd, etc. got between 98 and 99? Im a little confused Thanx
it means u tied with four other people
congrats on coming 6th in music 1 though
i came 6th in engineering...w00t!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i got 73.30, which is a hell of a lot more than i was expecting condsidering the lack of work ive done over the past twelve months
hsc mark:
general maths 80
ipt 79
business studies 77
advanced english 76
chemistry 64

kt san

i expected 93-94
oh well...still not sure if i'm getting into first pref

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)