• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2004 Yr12 Formal (1 Viewer)

rumour

HSC
I just remembered mine is at Conco Dora, never heard of it personally! :p
Not going to spend much on dress, will go after last HSC exam giving me 2 weeks to find a dress!!!!!!!

asha_ramirez

HSC
I already have 3 formal dresses from previous formals... I haven't worn them again which is a shame because they cost so much. But meh it's only money.
I have no idea what I'm wearing to the formal this year, or who I'm going with, or what car etc we're going in... For me the formal is much-a-do about nothing. Meh..

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i was wondering if there were any other places to get formal dresses, other than the usual westfield~ and they better not cost too much!

HSC
i got mine in a shop in centrepoint... not cheap, not expensive...

the thing that shits me about harts and those 'formal' formal dress stores is the sizes... their sizes are huuuge...! For any dress that looks nice, there's like... one size 6, then theres like a billion 16s...

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
lol...i reckon! besides, i think harts is mainly for the older generation! i wouldn't wanna get something from there. i'd end up being overdressed.

HSC
Seems like everyone's getting a cocktail dress (here comes hollywood tape), because they learnt their lesson from year 10... lots of overpriced, last-season's big dresses you can't wear out...

Aunno why, but people always seem to overdo the makeup in year 12... like they're all caked up for the photos, but in life they look kinda... fake? That's what i think anyway...

i got a chinese dress :) i'll be very covered up (thank goodness)...
in the meantime, does anyone know where i can buy stilettos?

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
you can buy stilettos from anywhere..
i am leaving all my shopping for after november 3 and before november 20
i couldn't find any..?

like closed shoes... which would go with a formal dress..?

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
ours is at the superdome cos our school is stupid n organised it late but its not the venue that makes a good night

rumour

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
you can buy stilettos from anywhere..
i am leaving all my shopping for after november 3 and before november 20
Same :D
maybe i'll see you shopping around!!!!

Also in formal dresses if you have a flabby stomach, it sticks out.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
mushroom_head said:
i was wondering if there were any other places to get formal dresses, other than the usual westfield~ and they better not cost too much!
Ever thought about Cocktail dresses? THey are a lot cheaper, a lot more stylish and makes your formal look like a Hollywood party MORE than a bunch of teens having a formal.

I got mine from Seduce. you can try other stores such as Shriek, Myer, New York, DJ etc...

alby

cool duckie
HSC
well :p 2 every1....mum got me a white hankerchief top n a heaps nice purple sarong from bali....with really pretty shoes 2 match :D
go bali clothes!!! lol

kylie_robbo

Have you thought about shopping before your HSC??

I already have my dress... $90 from Noni B for a simple black spaghetti strap, angle hem (3/4 length) with a cowl neck.

Shoes... I might end up wearing the $20 ones from my year 10 formal that have already had heaps of wear... I don't mind wearing them again.

Jewellery... Haven't thought about it.

Hair... I'll do it myself.

Make-up... Haven't thought about it.

That's where I am up to.

Oh, and our formal is at our local RSL club (I live in a regional city) and outsider partners have to be "checked" by the school beforehand. Dry-bar... those that want to drink will have to wait until the after party (that hasn't been thought about)... Teachers and Parents have to come. We don't mind... the more the merrier.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
mushroom_head said:
lol...i reckon! besides, i think harts is mainly for the older generation! i wouldn't wanna get something from there. i'd end up being overdressed.
yeah NEVER buya nythign from harts i remmeber in yr 10 there were about 5 girls wearing the same harts dress

up here

do u think it is a bit silly to go to the formal without partner?
cuz i heard many of ppl got partner or bf or gf or sth.
any suggestion?
im confused now...

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
nah its not silly at all to go without a partner.. like half my grade (i go to an all girls school) arent bringing someone.. you can have heaps of fun just with your friends

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)