2005 CSSA Physics (1 Viewer)

HSC
i'm so glad there was no projectile motion, simple, easy, subbing into formulas and deriving orbital velocity was a breeze. all in all, i say it was an easy test.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
antwan2bu said:
id say all up it was a really easy test. i didnt get that one eith xrtzx. also it was only after the test i relaised that the copper, silicon and glass were conductor, semiconductor and insulator.
and also you gotta meantion the drift veliocty of the electrons and how do each one increase or decrease it

richz

Zatts said:
This barely counts as a Space question...kinda random...
did u get c???

i thought the test was striaght forward too, but when the option came i was so confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

richz

aaaman said:
and also you gotta meantion the drift veliocty of the electrons and how do each one increase or decrease it
we dont need to know drift velocity.. i thut it was outta the syllabus

Raginsheep

HSC
I disliked the test. The question on the impact of the Manhattan Project was extremely annoying especially since it was 7 marks and the only question of its type in the whole test worth that much marks.

thethinker05

HSC
N/A
liked it

I thought overall it was an excellent exam - some tough multi choice and longer answer ones like BCS and relativity and a good coverage of dot pts without being too predictable - at last a physics exam brave enough not to have proj.motion question! Lots of good applications like pracs, not just memorising.

richz

i thut they would ask sumthing like projectile motion and others for q2q about fission reactors.... fuk, becuz they havent asked that for a while, i was so well prepared for that.

thethinker05

HSC
N/A
most\same

Raginsheep said:
I disliked the test. The question on the impact of the Manhattan Project was extremely annoying especially since it was 7 marks and the only question of its type in the whole test worth that much marks.
My elective had a 7 marker - the others all had a 6 or 7 marker in them -same as HSC :)

scoby_2000

HSC
i thought it was a bit too much like "wrote learn" stuff

like someone who had read the book well wud of done well

whereas i mainly practiced with past papers and stuff and yea

i dont think i did that well
but because i did it in the morning i saw my teacher when everyone else did the exam and he told me that he had looked at my exam and it was really good so fingers crossed :D:D:D:D

thethinker05

HSC
N/A
scoby_2000 said:
i thought it was a bit too much like "wrote learn" stuff

like someone who had read the book well wud of done well

whereas i mainly practiced with past papers and stuff and yea

i dont think i did that well
but because i did it in the morning i saw my teacher when everyone else did the exam and he told me that he had looked at my exam and it was really good so fingers crossed :D:D:D:D
Sounds good - -hope you did well - I actually likedit cos it wasnt just rote learning and it had a good mix - lots of prac applications, some calcs without being a maths exam, drawing diagrams, tables, deriving formula, graph, risks - a good blend/range but who knows - I'll have to wait for the results - someimtes you think youve got it covered and leave out some important things..

piyo_extreme

hey guys can sum1 post up physics trials please? thx coz we didn't get our trials questions back and i need it to practice for hsc thx

richz

lol, no one has, i think u want to cheat, and do the test and know the questions becuz u havent done it...

aaaman

Banned
HSC
I'm also surpised that they didnt place a projectile motion question, i didnt noticed until now :p i believe they r trying to get the ppl who actually studied for the exam to do well instead of the smartarses who do well in maths that rip of the mathsy physics questions

piyo_extreme

hhehehehehehehe well am not surprise u think that!! but how could i have not done it though?? today is the official physic exam trials! dey're not allowed to change the date!! oh well u're right don't post it then just for security!! ok but can u post it later?? like in the next 2 weeks when everyone's done it??

Ghost1788

HSC
That exam was preety good except for the OPTION:AGE OF SILICON
wtf was with that guidance question...

can someone plz post the question paper in the resources section...

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Ghost1788 said:
That exam was preety good except for the OPTION:AGE OF SILICON
wtf was with that guidance question...

can someone plz post the question paper in the resources section...

lol that question was easy, u just gotta talk about the density of silicon in ic chips and how has it make the device smaller and more reliable n shit

melon_ha

I absolutely hated the quantum to quarks section, as prob about 4 or 5 marks was dedicated to stupid binding energy and mass defect. I was sure they'd get you to desrcibe the parts of a rector or something... oh well. I loved the manhattan project question tough, we'd just done an assignment that had asked pretty much the same question!! It hadn't even occured to me until just now that ther was no projectile motion questions... hmmm well i'm just glad I memorised the bsc theory!

HSC
Man this test sounds interesting, when can someone post it up or if it has already been done could you direct me too it?
Cheers guys hope you all did well in your test!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)